Line Combos: The defence without Emelin

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
drewiske had an awesome game....awesome.

he will look good in the top 4, with either subban or markov.

emelin diaz when they're back!!

Gorges with Markov and PK could play with any poster here and it wouldn't have a negative effect. They need to decide on one of the kids or Kaberle.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Subban - Gorges
Markov - Drewiske
Bouillon - Weber/St-Denis/Beaulieu/Tinordi .. or even Ellis

If I was a guessing man? Weber or Beaulieu.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
Don't even want to hear about Kaberle :madfire:

I'm thinking Weber gets a shot first. He's the only natural on the right side and he could help our pp2.

IF it becomes a long term thing, Gorges needs to switch back to the right (even though I hate splitting him and Subban) and rotate Bouillon and Drewiske with Subban :

Bouillon/Drewiske - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Drewiske/Bouillon - Weber

If he doesn't work out after a couple of games, then it's Tinordi time, hoping that Diaz comes back for the playoffs.

Too bad for Emelin though ; he made great strides this year...

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Renaud Lavoie reported tonight that MB wanted a 2nd or a 3rd to trade Weber at the TD. You'd think they'd play him if they value him that much. Heh.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It's tough. Drewiske is only useful on the bottom pairing because otherwise you start seeing mistakes like Spacek did towards the end.

I would probably get Beaulieu and Tinordi up for the rest of the season and alternate.

I was thinking the same thing. Call them both up. Tinordi can play against the Caps, Beaulieu vs Buffalo. Hamilton's season is almost done anyways. Tinordi and/or Beaulieu is a much better option than either Weber of Kaberle.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I don't doubt he will be a physical NHL d-man in time. The 2 videos That posted tonight of his hits are insane. But he wasn't during the call-up, that's a fact.

You have to be careful with the call-ups until the AHL season ends on the 21st. We already used 1 of the 4 post-deadline on Dumont and he hasn't played.

Dec 2, 2010
Kaberle. For sure. A vet, towards the end of the year and the playoffs, that's what you want. And a solution to end the Gorges-Bouillon misery on PP#2.

The underrated candidate? Watch out for....St-Denis. Unless there's a terrible report on him in Hamilton, he might actually be the safest bet out there. Nothing fancy. Not replacing Emelin's physicality. But another Gorges coming our way, a guy that saw the NHL already. That will keep it simple....towards the end of the season and playoffs? Probably what the doctor orders. That is.....if he really deserved it and does play well. Not sure that this is the reason why they didn't call him before, surely to see what the others had to offer since they know what St-Denis can do. We'll see about that.
Not impressed with St-Denis this season. Not bad but isn't the veteran presence I was hoping for. The problem is that we're going to need a minute eating defenceman and we don't have one that can step up. Maybe Bouillon but again too much of him on the ice will result in bad mistakes.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Depends what you want... With Drewiskie being a defensive d-man, if you want to replace Diaz I think Beaulieu gets the call up.

Whoever comes up will be with Boullion.

Both Tinordi and Beaulieu did well. I would go with Beaulieu though.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Think I'd like to see Beaulieu, he looked the best in his call up IMO.

Markov-Gorges
Bouillon-Subban
Beaulieu-Drewiske

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
There are still 10 games before the playoffs, which is an opportunity for Tinordi or Beaulieu to acclimatize a bit and improve their game. Their upsides are higher than anyone we have waiting in the wings. If they don't progress enough, we have experienced Dmen who can be brought in easily, plus Diaz who appears to be healing.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
One of Tinordi or Beaulieu is fine with me. Beaulieu isn't small so Tinordi's size advantage isn't that big of a difference. Maybe some PP help would be better. I just hope the injury isn't season ending.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
drewiske had an awesome game....awesome.

he will look good in the top 4, with either subban or markov.

emelin diaz when they're back!!

And what about Cube???

he's without a shadow of a doubt top 6, and Michel's favorite, you people should stop writing him of...

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Tinordi for sure... we need to replace the defence and toughness of Emelin. Beaulieu is more of an offensive dman and with Diaz coming back soon we don't need any help offensively.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
I would like the Habs to try out Ellis at some point, although with us chasing first place, i doubt they will try him. My guess is either Tinordi or Beaulieu.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
And what about Cube???

he's without a shadow of a doubt top 6, and Michel's favorite, you people should stop writing him of...

it would depend on how well drewiske plays with markov. If drewiske can become that stable, stay at home, and better dman for markov, I could like them to stay together.

Emelin and diaz are both better players, for me, and would love them getting bottom/pp time.

I don't even dislike bouillon, and said anything bad about him this year, but without a doubt, would be the guy I would remove if drewiske and markov have chemistry. emelin is a natural lefty.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00