Line Combos: The defence without Emelin

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
What do we do? He's going to be out for awhile I would bet.

Which kid would you call up?

Do you dare trust Weber or Kaberle?

What would your pairings be?

I think we need to break up Gorges-Subban and put one of them with Markov above all.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
images

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
I liked Tinordi most of the three prospects that got an audition. Maybe try out St-Denis too (unless he's injured?).

tiz

Oct 27, 2006
Nova Scotia
Depends what you want... With Drewiskie being a defensive d-man, if you want to replace Diaz I think Beaulieu gets the call up.

Dec 2, 2010
It's tough. Drewiske is only useful on the bottom pairing because otherwise you start seeing mistakes like Spacek did towards the end.

I would probably get Beaulieu and Tinordi up for the rest of the season and alternate.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Tinordi is the only one that can bring the physical element lost with Emelin.

BobbyFischer*

Tinordi or Beaulieu... for playoffs.. probably Tinordi.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Kaberle. For sure. A vet, towards the end of the year and the playoffs, that's what you want. And a solution to end the Gorges-Bouillon misery on PP#2.

The underrated candidate? Watch out for....St-Denis. Unless there's a terrible report on him in Hamilton, he might actually be the safest bet out there. Nothing fancy. Not replacing Emelin's physicality. But another Gorges coming our way, a guy that saw the NHL already. That will keep it simple....towards the end of the season and playoffs? Probably what the doctor orders. That is.....if he really deserved it and does play well. Not sure that this is the reason why they didn't call him before, surely to see what the others had to offer since they know what St-Denis can do. We'll see about that.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
drewiske had an awesome game....awesome.

he will look good in the top 4, with either subban or markov.

emelin diaz when they're back!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad