GDT: The Deadline is upon us - please don't overpay on anything

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Mrazek has a concussion and Reimer is out long term.

Almoet feels like they have no choice other than to go get a goalie or playoffs isn’t very likely, no? That’s a lot to put in Ned.

Reactions: AD Skinner
May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Yes and Colorado went and got Hutchinson and i think they were the only other team in on Lehner. It really should be easy to get it done for less than a 1st, unless Bowman is really just that stubborn.

Reactions: Buenos Necas

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
At this point, I no longer want Lehner, unless he comes at an extreme last-minute discount. Go for him in ufa.

Someone said it before, it’s time to see what they have in Nedeljkovic.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Athanasiou is a great fit for Edmonton. Flawed player, but he has speed for days and is one of the few role guys who can actually keep up with McJesus. Price is pretty good, as well. 2 2nds and Gagner's expiring contract.

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I
At this point, I no longer want Lehner, unless he comes at an extreme last-minute discount. Go for him in ufa.

Someone said it before, it’s time to see what they have in Nedeljkovic.

I think he should come via hockey trade. With Reimer and Mrazek under contract, we’d be shelling out at least $10 million in cap space to goaltending, which doesn’t need to happen.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I'm nervous if there's no goalie bandaid. If they can play like they did in the 3rd period against Toronto every night we should be fine. But rolling the dice on two unknowns is pretty scary

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Could there be room via LTIR? They could LTIR Pesce or Hamilton for the rest of the regular season and go over the cap, right?

Is that how LTIR works?
This is a long answer. We could put Pesce on LTIR (we dont want to put Hamilton on it because he can come back before the season ends). Basically our payroll cap would reset to its current number and then we would be able to add a similar contract to Pesce's to the team.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I wonder if an Edmundson, TVR, or Fleury deal is still processing. The unfortunate loser of bringing in Vatanen+Skjei is Fleury.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a report that the Canes are looking to sign Vatanen soon. They paid a fairly high price at a 2nd + Kuokkanen. NJ might have let Carolina negotiate with NJ not interested in re-signing him.

Would be funny if the Skjei pick came out as a 2021 pick. Deals are all still not clarified.

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad