Post-Game Talk: The Deadline is Over - Go(c)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Its funny cause they probably will still crush whoever they play en route to the Finals and THAN get screwed by STL or ANA

My point is that a lot of teams had definite needs, and were unable to meet them. LAK is hoping Gaborik is their savior. Boston has been running the wheels off Chara this year and got a terrible D man back. Detroit got an old 3rd line center. Anaheim traded away Penner and got... Nothing?

Clearly there were impediments to deals this year, or more teams would have solved their glaring issues.

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
I tend to think other GM's hate the Penguins and wont trade with them....You know Garth Snow hates us.

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
Goaltending is going to have to be near-flawless, team defense has to play how they did earlier this season, and Gladams has to see less Ice time in the playoffs (doubt it) for us to have any shot at getting close to the finals this year.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
My point is that a lot of teams had definite needs, and were unable to meet them. LAK is hoping Gaborik is their savior. Boston has been running the wheels off Chara this year and got a terrible D man back. Detroit got an old 3rd line center. Anaheim traded away Penner and got... Nothing?

Clearly there were impediments to deals this year, or more teams would have solved their glaring issues.

Anaheim traded Penner so Palmieri can play 1st line and Etem can have a shot at the NHL. They also acquired Robidas to fill their need.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
At least Kobasew gets pushed out of the lineup. ;-)

It does not look like we got Stempniak, so it is just Goc, who I believe will play with Sutter on the 3rd line, maybe with Pyatt or Glass.

Stempniak would not have been bad, but well, it does not look like that happened.

That's what you think.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Kunitz - Crosby - Bennett
Jokinen - Malkin - Neal
Goc - Sutter - Stempniak/Megna/Gibbons
Megna/Gibbons/Glass - Vitale - Engelland

Scuderi - Niskanen
Despres - Martin
Maatta - Bortuzzo

Some of the team fell off a cliff along with Bylsma.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Seriously please stop with the Stempniak talk. There was what, ONE tweet from a flimsy source saying he MIGHT be coming here? Good god get over it.

They reported it on TSN. Regardless of the source, I think that is why everyone is so upset about it. It isn't like Rossi just reported it.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010

Unless Chara is just exhausted by the time we face him, Boston is going to the Finals...LAK cannot score for the life of them, and I do not think Gabby will help them with the style that they play. ANA made a stupid move and they will regret that...but they are still built to win, both of them and they can easily contend...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I just watching Mike Gillis' press conference and it actually sounded like ownership WAS involved

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Bylsma doesn't get a Kesler to help save his job, which is one good thing. The other is no worthless Hemsky to frustrate and anger fans like myself.;)

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I don't see what the problem is. The only available player that addressed our needs in the medium term was Kesler (though Goc possibly addresses Sutter being completely inadequate if we can re-sign him).

Nobody wanted to "overpay" for Kesler and we didn't try. Instead of getting Despres and Sutter for Kesler, Gillis got nothing. Who's worse off?

I mean, we're not a Vanek or a Hemsky away from winning the cup this season. We're just not. The fractures in the bottom half of the lineup, the assistant captain on defense and coaching are insurmountable. And don't forget, our goaltender is a huge question mark.

If you don't think Vanek or Hemsky will put you over the top, you shouldn't give up assets to rent them for 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad