Post-Game Talk: The Deadline is Over - Go(c)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
This forum went from managing real conversations and speculation to devolving in to mindnumbingly awful rabble in quite the short amount of time, well done team.

Ha....it turned into the YouTube comments section real quick

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
n2efwh.jpg

Goc is a good player for the bottom 6, but doesn't do anything to improve the Pens' position in the league. They aren't cup contenders, and unless Crosby, Malkin, Neal, and Fleury/Vokoun are playing out of their mind in the playoffs - we're going to see another early exit.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Imagine how the Boston fans feel. They replaced Seidenberg with Meszaros.

Well. they dont have gaping holes in their lineup like we have. So standing pat on deadline day for them aint as bad as for us.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Are Pens Live reliable?

Saying that we've got someone coming from Phoenix as well as possibly Stempniak.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
2nd rounder from MTL is not conditional. If Canadiens make the playoffs, #Isles send a 5th-round pick back.

It makes it worse.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm not overly bothered, largely because I thought this roster needed a lot more than just a deal or two to turn it into a contender. But at the same time, I'm a little troubled that Shero's only move was to acquire one guy to play in the bottom six.

Kunitz - Crosby - Bennett?
Jokinen - Malkin - Neal
Goc - Sutter - Kobasew/Megna?
Glass - Vitale - Adams

Eh... doesn't scream contender to me. Adding a Hemsky along with Goc would have at least given the Pens 3 solid lines, with either Hemsky or Bennett slotting in the third line on RW with Goc and Sutter.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
I'm disappointed, but this is by no means a disaster.

We lost to the Wings with the best roster we've had in a long time. In the offseason, we got worse and they got better, yet we beat them in the rematch. The lesson: the game isn't played on paper.

This year we have to hold out hope that we get a little healthier (Bennett, Martin) and come together at the right time. I'm not holding my breath, but at least there's a conceivable path to the Finals with this weak ass Eastern Conference.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Enlighten us then.

What else is there to talk about right now?

It'd be nice if this place wasn't littered with the "first round loss incoming hurrr durrr" posts for pages on end.

Acolytes, look to Cole for guidance. A beacon of light in a cesspool of unreason.

I'm not sure if that last word is in fact, a word.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Looking at today's prices, Murray for two 2nd's just crushes my soul that much harder. Shero's worst move, by far. Just terrible. And it probably cost us this deadline.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Sucks a ton of people got their hopes up about Kesler, but you had to be naive to ignore history and what they pulled on Lou.

Kesler staying put was one of the easiest predictions any of us could have ever made on these boards.

Tons of people pissed off, but a majority of the board said this team would flameout with DB and MAF, even with Kesler. So what's the problem?

Shero didn't do anything stupid, so I'm cool with how things went down. Hopefully BB is healthy and gets his big chance with Crosby.

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
At least Kobasew gets pushed out of the lineup. ;-)

It does not look like we got Stempniak, so it is just Goc, who I believe will play with Sutter on the 3rd line, maybe with Pyatt or Glass.

Stempniak would not have been bad, but well, it does not look like that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad