The David Conte & Lou Draft complaint thread

Semak

It certainly looked that way after his massive freshman season in which he was ROBBED of a Hobey by Junior friggin Lessard. Like the 2003 conn smythe, I'll never get over the Hobey that year. Robbed.

Sorry for the long post haha

No need to apologise for the long post. It was a great read. Thanks for sharing.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
I strongly feel that with the new owners, if the Devils fail again to make the playoffs or at least get past the 1st round, Lou & a number of long-time Devils scouts & coaches with be dismissed or asked to ride out into the sunset.

I know the Devils "draft" who they think is the best player. I think they did an average job. More could have been done as they passed on several players that were ripe for the taking. When sports media, fan blogs & local area news stations state the same, as an owner...you have to wonder if mob rules are justified. I'm beginning to think so.

Moreover, the Devils are obviously are gun-shy on Russians & Swedes now. Can't say I blame them after some of their most recent circumstances. But still, too many quality players 'overlooked' this year.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
It certainly looked that way after his massive freshman season in which he was ROBBED of a Hobey by Junior friggin Lessard. Like the 2003 conn smythe, I'll never get over the Hobey that year. Robbed.

As a Northeastern grad, the 2009 Hobey Baker will always piss me off. Gilroy over Thiessen. ****en Thiessen posted a .931sv% behind a fairly mediocre team that ALWAYS got outshot by their opponent...but won so damn much that season, because of him, that I think they went as high as 6 (maybe 4th?) in the USCHO rankings that year. Then Thiessen left and Northeastern went right back into the *******. Meanwhile Gilroy got to play on perpetually stacked BU.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
For starters, not re-sign Beer League Bernier.

No more Gio too, at most a 1 year 2 way offer.

And have Carter signed by now.

Ok, so since you'd have Carter signed, you'd have overpaid him as he has some leverage while we don't exactly have the most money to work with. Great start.

Then what would our lineup look like?

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
Ok, so since you'd have Carter signed, you'd have overpaid him as he has some leverage while we don't exactly have the most money to work with. Great start.

Then what would our lineup look like?

One overpaid fourth liner is better than two overpaid fourth liners on a team overflowing with forwards at the moment.

In a nutshell, the team would look better than it does right now.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
I won't both of them gone, we wanted to resign Carter out of CBGB but we sign Bernier and Gionta instead, Lou makes goof moves and then bad moves to make up for it, and Conte just sucks get rid of him

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I won't both of them gone, we wanted to resign Carter out of CBGB but we sign Bernier and Gionta instead, Lou makes goof moves and then bad moves to make up for it, and Conte just sucks get rid of him

A fresh hockey front office is what we may need to turn this thing around.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
One overpaid fourth liner is better than two overpaid fourth liners on a team overflowing with forwards at the moment.

In a nutshell, the team would look better than it does right now.

Who Bernier and Gionta? Overpaid?

Too many forwards on a team that was dismal offensively?

Several guys in the lineup highly injury prone?

What else ya got?

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Who Bernier and Gionta? Overpaid?

Too many forwards on a team that was dismal offensively?

Several guys in the lineup highly injury prone?

What else ya got?

How is Bernier overpaid? He's making a measly 600k. I think Gionta is in over at his head at center but they love him for his PK work.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
A fresh hockey front office is what we may need to turn this thing around.

Turn what around?

We stunk offensively, couldn't score in the shoot out, yet a handful of shootout or OT wins more and we would have likely been in the playoffs

On paper we are in a better place now with what we added than we were last season with much of the team back

We are not at all far from being playoff bound

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
How is Bernier overpaid? He's making a measly 600k. I think Gionta is in over at his head at center but they love him for his PK work.

Yea if he was talking about Bernier I couldnt explain that either

These guys are non issues that give us options

elindholm

Jun 3, 2013
I am disappointed in our draft. Anyone that tells me they (Devils) picked BPA, they're sadly mistaken. I hope they prove me wrong on down the road, but I doubt it. I lost a lot of faith in Conte. The good ole boy network needs to be adjusted or needs some fresh new ideas & staff. better yet, retire!

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
With today's signings, it makes me feel even worse about the recent draft woes. Until the Devils start drafting well again, I don't expect them to do much. Free agency and trades don't seem to amount to much.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
the flowchart says we should still complain about signing Cory... hmmm. Might need to edit that.

flow2.jpg~original

GhostofKenKlee

Lou is old, the game has past him. Conte is da sux and the Cory, Greene are all leaving.....

We need to be moar like the Islanders and Blues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad