Post-Game Talk: The Curious Case of Benjamin Hutton -- Canucks win 1-0 (Yes we McCann.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
There an up to date camp roster for you guys floating around?

LW:
D. Sedin
Baertschi (Prospect)
Gaunce (Prospect)
Prust
Kenins (Prospect)
Higgins (Injured)

C:
H. Sedin
Horvat
Sutter
McCann (Prospect)
Vey

RW:
Vrbata
Burrows
Hansen
Virtanen (Prospect)
Dorsett
Cracknell (AHL)

Defense:
Edler
Tanev
Hamhuis
Weber
Hutton (Prospect)
Biega (AHL)
Bartkowski
Sbisa
Corrado (Prospect)

Goaltenders:
Miller
Markstrom

I think that's about everybody

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Great, another thread filled with Vey whining. I'm signing off this place until he's removed from the system or when he makes you whiners eat some crow. Either choice works for me at this point, rather sooner than later so this place becomes more tolerable.

Btw, looking forward to these games. Unlike some of you.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
Great, another thread filled with Vey whining. I'm signing off this place until he's removed from the system or when he makes you whiners eat some crow. Either choice works for me at this point, rather sooner than later so this place becomes more tolerable.

I was just asking myself what you were up to. Thanks for keeping us updated.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I didn't catch the game either, but apparently Miller was really bad. Sbisa also contributed a Sbisa special.

Sbisa didn't play but I'm sure he told Miller looked bad in the morning contributing to Millers poor performance.

All seriousness Miller and Hamhuis were awful that game.

Hutton and Tanev was a treat to watch. Imagine 2 Tanev's in 1 game making calm passes in their own zone. Also the way Hutton skates the puck into the offensive zone instead of just the classic canuck dump and change was awesome to watch.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
true but Raymond was miles better

True.

I'm just saying. When looking at size, center of gravity is a big factor. Brendan Morrison is a perfect example. He's listed as 5'11", but I've met the guy and he's certainly 5'10" at best. 180 Lbs. No problem with his size as he had a low center of gravity. Mason Raymond is listed at 6" 185lbs. Slight breeze as he's gone.

Point is. I don't think Vey is going to be that much more difficult to push off the puck.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
PHP:

I defned vey a lot but this organization is forcing some odd favoirites who cant play hockey

Vey has potential but if a 4 yr younger mccann looks this much better i have no paitence what so ever

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007

It's almost at Sbisa like levels.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If I had to take a wild stab at the lines...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Grenier
Baertschi - Sutter - Vrbata
Kenins - McCann - Burrows
Cracknell- Vey - Virtanen

Hamhuis - Weber
Corrado - Sbisa
Fedun - Hutton

Markstrom

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Im hoping we can form a good rivalry with Arizona this season.

Should be some meaningful games against them this season :laugh:

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
if Vey is really 200lbs now.. he has no excuse. I expect him to be able to shield the puck down low and make plays like he was advertised.

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver
I expect Vey to lose his puck battles to Domi.

Can anyone confirm Vet is actually 200lbs?

He is the weakest 200lb guy I have ever seen :amazed:

I believe it. He seems noticeably slower than last year. At this point I don't even think we have to worry about someone claiming him on waivers, and if they do by chance, he'd be sent back down through anyways

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Hasn't Grenier been cut?

If he hasn't, I hope the Grenier experiment ends ASAP. I suppose he deserves a reward for his AHL play, but this is just a big waste of time. He hasn't played well enough to deserve an extended look and he has no chance of cracking the lineup or catching fire with anyone on the team at this point in time.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Hasn't Grenier been cut?

If he hasn't, I hope the Grenier experiment ends ASAP. I suppose he deserves a reward for his AHL play, but this is just a big waste of time. He hasn't played well enough to deserve an extended look and he has no chance of cracking the lineup or catching fire with anyone on the team at this point in time.

That Sedin stuff was just a complete waste of time. He was never, ever going to play with them during the season so what was the point? And not surprisingly looked completely out of place.

He should be playing with 4th line types to see if he can be an asset at the bottom end of the roster.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Sbisa didn't play but I'm sure he told Miller looked bad in the morning contributing to Millers poor performance.

All seriousness Miller and Hamhuis were awful that game.

Hutton and Tanev was a treat to watch. Imagine 2 Tanev's in 1 game making calm passes in their own zone. Also the way Hutton skates the puck into the offensive zone instead of just the classic canuck dump and change was awesome to watch.

Boy, sure am glad we didn't give Hutton a chance in the AHL playoffs. Man, that experience might have ruined the development we're seeing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland