The Creativity of McDavid

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Obviously McDavid has an extremely high level of skill and creativity with the puck, but i don't know that i'd consider him more purely "creative" than couple handfuls of other players in the NHL today. What's really striking about McDavid to me isn't so much the raw "creativity" in that he tends to attack in a very similar fashion repeatedly...ie. one McDavid rush typically doesn't look all that different from the next in the grand scheme of things. It's all just variations on a theme, and i'm more partial to the mindblowing passing vision/creativity some others have exhibited over the years rather than the "dangles". It's just astonishing the puck-carrying speed at which McDavid can still be creative with the puck that really dazzles, and is completely unique.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
I think you're going to have to define what is meant by creativity otherwise it's going to go all over the place. McDavid is creative and has hands to match his speed, but if you look at a guy like Linus Omark, he tries all sorts of crazy stuff that McDavid would never try, so one could argue that he's more creative than McDavid.

One also has to remember, there's a difference between being creative and being an effective hockey player. McDavid is creative and is effective. Omark is creative, but not quite as effective. Another example is Tomas Jurco.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I didn't say MacKinnon was better, I was just wondering why someone would say he's the best player to ever play the game.

Btw, the 2 assists Laine has put up over the last 5 games is impressive. He's 56th in points now. Definitely a top 10 player.
Why so obsessed with Laine though lmao?

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
I just met an American from Seattle on vacation, who didn’t know what British Columbia was, although he had driven through hope and Prince George to get to Alaska!

To be fair, even though I've driven through it, I'm not sure what Delaware is.

Reactions: MessierII

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
Lol how is that even possible.

To be fair.. I’m not sure how long he has lived in Seattle for, I think judging by his accent he was originally from a southern state. I was still shocked though, and he wasn’t kidding.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
To be fair.. I’m not sure how long he has lived in Seattle for, I think judging by his accent he was originally from a southern state. I was still shocked though, and he wasn’t kidding.
I've lived in B.C. for a while, they make it very obvious that you're in B.C. lol plus the mountains are a dead giveaway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad