The Creativity of McDavid

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
The main thing about him isn't creativity, it's that he's physically much more skilled than others. Obv he has a really high IQ too.

Reactions: biturbo19

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
Honestly McDavid is the fresh air the NHL needed ever since Datsyuk left the NHL. You don't see much dangling and making others look stupid on a consistent basis outside of McDavid Or Patrick Kane specially since there is a lot less hitting and grabbing. More dangles please.

I’m going to assume you haven’t watched Vancouver play this year?!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
As I watch the Coyotes continuously fail on and off the ice I cant help but burn a little thinking McDavid would have completely changed the fortunes of the franchise. Edmonton has had some of the biggest stars in the sport ever...and may have the two greatest players of all time when McDavid is finished playing. The Coyotes not so much.

Sigh.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
I’m going to assume you haven’t watched Vancouver play this year?!
I have watched the Canucks with EP and as much as I like how EP dangles and creates magic it's nothing like McDavid. The only other player to make people look stupid out there was Datsyuk. Before that, Kovalev and Pavel Bure. I guess Jagr when he was really young. But McDavid is something else.

Reactions: Frosty415

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
I have watched the Canucks with EP and as much as I like how EP dangles and creates magic it's nothing like McDavid. The only other player to make people look stupid out there was Datsyuk. Before that, Kovalev and Pavel Bure. I guess Jagr when he was really young. But McDavid is something else.
Really? EP reminds me much more of the way datsyuk made people look stupid more so than anyone else! Not saying EP is on McDavid level overall, but McDavids magic is really only his speed, not so much his hands or creativity.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
Really? EP reminds me much more of the way datsyuk made people look stupid more so than anyone else! Not saying EP is on McDavid level overall, but McDavids magic is really only his speed, not so much his hands or creativity.
I love Pettersson, but McDavid is perfect at literally everything. He has great hands, he dances around everyone like they're turtles, he creates things out of nothing.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
quote-credibility-like-virginity-can-only-be-lost-once-and-never-recovered-charley-reese-113-70-86.jpg

...And there it goes.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
His acceleration and speed are unmatched in the NHL. Can't wait to see him in the peak off his prime.

He's very likely already in his prime/peak offensively.

I'm sure he will improve in all facets of the game but he's probably near his top offensively barring a career year or two.

Almost all super talents peak early.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

Mcdavid's hands are up there with anyones. He doesn't have to do elaborate dekes to get guys off balance like an EP though. He just blows past them with speed.

The fact that he can control the puck at that speed while always keeping his head up is what makes McDavid truly unique.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to do McDavid things at McDavid speed? His hands are ridiculous, hes basically a faster Patrick Kane.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->