The Coming Big Dump

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
This thread is funny…when Poile made all those signings over the summer, a bunch of us (myself included) thought it only made sense if a big trade was in the works. I was sure that Poile had some kind of master plan wherein signing a bunch of forwards that don't address our real needs would make sense.

Four months later, there have been no moves, and it appears that signing all those guys was just pointless. There was no master plan.

It keeps Beck and Watson in Milwaukee, where they can develop some more. My guess is that there will be a bloodbath after the season. Next season Beck and Watson play in Nashville.

I saw Tootoo the other night. Other than a few checks, he did nothing for the Griffins. Letting him go was a very good move!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
No thanks. Best player on the ice each night.

even so, if we are embarking on a two to three year rebuild we would be much better off spending his 14 million per year on something else and getting some young talented forward plus picks/prospects for him.

In three years Jones/Josi could be just about as effective as Weber /Suter was.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
even so, if we are embarking on a two to three year rebuild we would be much better off spending his 14 million per year on something else and getting some young talented forward plus picks/prospects for him.

In three years Jones/Josi could be just about as effective as Weber /Suter was.

Or we could spend the $8 million that we're paying our 4th line for.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
How would the fanbase accept a total rebuild at this point. If we took our best shot and it didn't work but we didn't take our best shot. If Poile thinks the Rad and the Ak was our chance at best shot then he fooled himself and tried to play it off as game changers it wasn't. I don't anybody would go for rebuild but anything is better than we have now as long as Poile and Trotz are not a part of it

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Or we could spend the $8 million that we're paying our 4th line for.

At this point one could make a case that we have multiple 4th lines. We do however have a number of contracts that cause nausea. How they move some of these contracts is beyond me. At this point the only players I would label as untouchable would be Rinne, Josi, Jones and Klein.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
At this point one could make a case that we have multiple 4th lines. We do however have a number of contracts that cause nausea. How they move some of these contracts is beyond me. At this point the only players I would label as untouchable would be Rinne, Josi, Jones and Klein.

If you consider Josi and Klein "untouchable" then you're not honestly part of the solution. Valuable pieces worth a nice return, Yes! Untouchable? Hardly.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If you consider Josi and Klein "untouchable" then you're not honestly part of the solution. Valuable pieces worth a nice return, Yes! Untouchable? Hardly.

Of course no one is totally untouchable but there are a couple reason I feel these are palyers that must be kept.

Josi Klein and Jones have great contracts at this time and Josi and KK long term good contracts. Rinne has a long term contract signed and will hopefully return healthy if not the team is screwed. If healthy the goalie situation for starter is good almost to 2020.

A team must have a core to start to build around, in my mind these 4 have that potential. There is not one offensive player that you can build an offense around right now. Not in two years when FF can be a major contributor. Not Horni because most of his goals come from in front of the net, what he does is great but you can't build an offense around him. Hes a nice addition like Holmstrom was in Detroit. Its been said over and over and over this team does not have legitimate 1st line players and with the current roster a 2nd line would be pretty weak.

Now are they going to get elite players very doubtful unless Weber is delt for one. They must have proven 1st liners that can pot 25 a piece and hope that FF is that elite player.

You can't totally break the defense to marginally improve the offense and losing Josi KK and Jones would do that. Weber is the expendable piece for this teams situation. If current management wants an immediate fix that is the only option. Move Weber and 1 of Ekholm or Ellis and replace them with veteran defenders winding down there career. That has been the missing element on defense this year the younger guys are still making there mistakes and they end up in the back of the net without Rinne, who could cover up some of there gaffs.

This is a pretty strong statement but I have been there since day 1 and this is the worst offense we have ever put on the ice. Compiled with young defensemen this team as a whole may well be the worst ever iced here. Even worse than the 2001 and 2002 teams. It was refreshing to see some excitement last night in the 3rd that has been absent for a couple weeks.

Any way the ownership go's changing coaching staff, players or both a big change is coming. The team can not stand to be the Oil and suck for 10 years. Any of you who were there in 2002 know what 7500 people in the barn is like. The fanbase will not support a crappy team. Yes there are probably 9500 of us now that will but the casual fan will spend on other entertainment. I said this last year and was blasted due to all the sellouts. Well is headed that way in the fast lane and I do not want to see it happen this team needs fixed and fast.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Quick question guys, if a team came in and make an offer of 3 picks in the top 10 of this draft for Weber, and you know they would all be top 10, would you do it?

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Quick question guys, if a team came in and make an offer of 3 picks in the top 10 of this draft for Weber, and you know they would all be top 10, would you do it?

No, no, and on third thought, hell no. Top ten picks like Wilson, wasn't Ellis top ten... Would you trade Weber for Ellis, Wilson and a first?

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville

he who gets the best player wins the trade. that's pretty much wisdom passed down through the ages. So, if you trade Weber and you're not getting an elite forward (and therefore have a chance to win the trade), you have to get pieces you KNOW will be core to the rebuild (and thus worth losing the trade). Draft picks - as good as they can be - are still a crapshoot. (see Legwand, consensus #2 pick - solid player for many years but certainly not what anyone hoped for with the #2 pick of the draft)

or: No

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

No way. If we are trading Weber we must absolutely get at a minimum one guaranteed top 3 forward out of the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad