The Coming Big Dump

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
with Poile gobbling bottom 6 players like a fat kid eating potato chips its pretty obvious that there will be a massive dump of our previous bunch of pluggers

So lets use this thread to predict who goes and what they fetch

im thinking spaling's rights go for a 4th round pick, and Gaustad Smith and Ellis all go for top six forward somehow

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Ellis isn't going anywhere. Gaustad for Upshall's hair. Spaling should get a 2nd. Don't see Smith going anywhere. Legwand or Fisher is gone.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I have no clue. I think it is more likely that we waive Smith for nothing than trade him. I also can see us sending watson, beck, etc. down to the AHL now that we have loaded up on bottom 6ers.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Ellis + Spaling + Smith + a pick for a good forward. That's all I'm seeing at this point. Not really though. Just verbal diarrhea

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
There comes a point in every early July when I think "wow, Poile must have bigger plans based on these signings." And then he doesn't. I'd say we do nothing other than get Beck/Watson more ahl experience.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Ellis isn't going anywhere. Gaustad for Upshall's hair. Spaling should get a 2nd. Don't see Smith going anywhere. Legwand or Fisher is gone.

I'm thinking Leggy or Fisher + to bring back a true top 3 guy. Remember Wilson was slated to play center. Currently we have Leggy, Fisher, Spaling, Goose, Smith, Cullen, Hendricks and potentially Wilson at center. Poile still has work to do.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
As I said in the other thread, I don't see us having much of a package to get a top six with experience, but we might be able to get a prospect with top six upside from a team looking to add to their bottom six.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Maybe Poile is pulling a Liarpold and is fleecing the organization before he joins another team.

We don't have the assets to land big fish, and even if we did we are now saddled with three horrible contracts.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I wouldn't be surprised to see us move current bottom six guys for picks and let some of the kids start the season in Milwaukee. A puzzling start to the summer with indications that moves are coming ... or we'll have a 5th and 6th line this fall.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
you have to assume we were bidding on Ryan but trading out of conference was more attractive to the Ducks

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Even if we were in on Ryan, Ottawa was going to get him. They had to. Alfie decided to leave, and they had to do something.

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012
I have no clue. I think it is more likely that we waive Smith for nothing than trade him. I also can see us sending watson, beck, etc. down to the AHL now that we have loaded up on bottom 6ers.

I agree with you. I see no room for the younger guys now on the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad