Post-Game Talk: The Comeback Kids get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
There's more objectivity in old Soviet era Red Army radio propaganda than Mears' play by play at this point. :laugh:
giphy.gif

Until proven otherwise, there is a conspiracy to sap and impurity us! Glad to see they pulled out a win.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Copying my post from the GDT. Good teams find ways to win, even when they're playing bad.

The Penguins have been playing like crap this year and they are 4-2. If they're doing this while mostly playing like garbage, what is it going to look like when the top-6 gets rolling? It's too talented to not get its shit together.

Yeah the Rangers I think should have won both of these games. Actually I'm not sure we deserve any of the wins we've had this year. So having 4 wins out of this crap play is great in that sense.

Need to be a lot better almost everywhere though.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Definitely the smoothest win. No huge breakdowns and Jarry keeping it tight.

We’re slowly looking better

Reactions: ncm7772

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Sheeeesh Panarin had net to shoot at there.

+++ Jarry weathered the storm late.
+++ win in regulation. Good teams find a way.
++ Rust on L1
+ Blueger at 3C. He’s so solid.
+ most “normal” game of the year.

- - - Got outplayed imo. In that normal game. Wasn’t too big of a gap but I think the Rags pushed us.
- I can’t be too harsh on him bc he came up big when it counted but I was gonna rip on Jake here before he scored :laugh:
- Line combos and pairings still feel meh. That’s on Sully.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Copying my post from the GDT. Good teams find ways to win, even when they're playing bad.

The Penguins have been playing like crap this year and they are 4-2. If they're doing this while mostly playing like garbage, what is it going to look like when the top-6 gets rolling? It's too talented to not get its shit together.

Paraphrasing my reply, I'd be inclined to agree a lot more if (a) the Pens played with anything resembling structure and support with and without the puck and (b) if the Pens did this against a team that bothered to play defense/had something more than a crap defensive core.

Doing that against Boston will be a baby step, but I still think this transcends just 'playing badly'.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad