Post-Game Talk: The Colorado Avalanche wins the Stanley Cup!

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
I started watching Quest for the Cup. It's a good way to relive this. Because I don't know about you, but I feel like I didn't take it in live.

Lol, they're in Florida and Huberdeau and Weegar are hanging out together. Hey, guess what, guys...

Not sure which one is worse: "The Kadri man can", or fired up locker room starting lineup announcements.

In the High button podcast with Nate, he says the cameras are allowed in the locker room with 9 minutes to go. And that most of the actual speeches, etc. happen before the cameras come in.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
In the High button podcast with Nate, he says the cameras are allowed in the locker room with 9 minutes to go. And that most of the actual speeches, etc. happen before the cameras come in.
But they do show the starting lineup things and they're so cringey.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I started watching Quest for the Cup. It's a good way to relive this. Because I don't know about you, but I feel like I didn't take it in live.

Lol, they're in Florida and Huberdeau and Weegar are hanging out together. Hey, guess what, guys...

Not sure which one is worse: "The Kadri man can", or fired up locker room starting lineup announcements.
This. Definitely this.

Made me appreciate Bednar so much more. He just says it. Mack's line starts, Toews and Makar on D, Darcy kickin' in the net. So monotoned. Yet so perfect. No stupid screaming like 13 year olds about to play for the tier 2 divisional championship.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
This. Definitely this.

Made me appreciate Bednar so much more. He just says it. Mack's line starts, Toews and Makar on D, Darcy kickin' in the net. So monotoned. Yet so perfect. No stupid screaming like 13 year olds about to play for the tier 2 divisional championship.
Jon Cooper says “win your f***ing shift” 500 times before a period :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: forsbergavs32

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Jon Cooper says “win your f***ing shift” 500 times before a period :laugh:

For all the praise at what a mastermind technician Cooper is, those Quest For the Cup shows and mic'd up videos showed Bednar was the one doing actual coaching on the bench and providing useful information to the players that they could take out on the ice with them, while Cooper was just a glorified cheerleader the whole time.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Doc Now.gif

Reactions: Snow Arc

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
So....I think it just hit. The Avs won the Cup!!!

View attachment 574146

View attachment 574147

View attachment 574149

View attachment 574148

View attachment 574150

Cool...got that out of my system.
Oh I’ve definitely got it a few times.

I see the ‘what if this, what if that?’ Like ok, if Edmonton or St Louis were fully healthy? Or Tampa. Sure, what if we were then, too? Or what if Nuke’s goal in game 3 wasn’t called back for offside. What if they called icing at the end of game 6. What if Helm didn’t score with less than 4 seconds…

Then I stop myself and I think one thing: the Avs won the mf Stanley Cup. None of that matters now, it’s all good :nod:

Edit: and btw I still think we should have won game 5 at home and fulfilled my prediction ;)

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I've been thinking about the season this last month as "going to sleep thoughts" when I go to bed. Just cherishing the stuff.
Two goals really stand out for me:
Makar dummying Dach in OT for that amazing goal
and
Helm breaking hearts with that goal in St. Louis with like 4 seconds left. Made possible by a classic Erik Johnson "F*ck it, I'll skate it in myself" move.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I've been thinking about the season this last month as "going to sleep thoughts" when I go to bed. Just cherishing the stuff.
and
Helm breaking hearts with that goal in St. Louis with like 4 seconds left. Made possible by a classic Erik Johnson "F*ck it, I'll skate it in myself" move.

Yeah, the Makar goal against Chicago stands out as my favorite from the entire regular season. My second-favorite is also a Makar goal, him going end to end to score on the Flyers while they all just kinda stood there and watched.

As far as playoffs go, nothing will make me grin ear-to-ear more than Kadri clowning the Blues in the aftermath of their man-child goalie throwing a tantrum on national television.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
and
Those are great ones. I'll add one from the regular season, Bo's game and his GTG vs CBus was fabulous. Kid was best player on the ice that night.

Reactions: Hennessy

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Looking at the Kolesar signing yesterday brought a smile to my face because my first thought after reading it was how glad I was that Vegas doesn't have a cup.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Looking at the Kolesar signing yesterday brought a smile to my face because my first thought after reading it was how glad I was that Vegas doesn't have a cup.

They get a gold star for making the Finals. And many shiny new toys since

Reactions: AvsWraith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad