The (coaching) Replacements: Pick Your Poisons

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
You lose 5-2.
Your team is a statistical black hole with no adjustments?

Its safe to say outcoached.
Using the term out coached in this scenario is like watching two guys in a competition to see who can break a board first, and both of them decide to use their face instead of hands or tools, and after one of them finally succeeds, saying, "that he outsmarted the other"....

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Granato and his dogshit staff have jobs for life because the players love him and that's all that matters. We are a country club with no standards and results don't matter.
I don't think it has that much to do with how the players feel so much as it has to do with Adams' loyalty to Don and the fact Adams is too green to properly analyze the situation.

In the end, I think it will cost both of them their jobs, but unfortunately in the meantime, the team is missing out on an opportunity to take the next step.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
A GM did a thing.

Wow. I wonder what that's like?

Oh, and the Isles are 5 ahead of the Sabres with a game in hand. I guess Lou isn't giving up on the season.
Pfff, he clearly doesn’t have a plan, I mean a plan other than doing whatever is necessary to get his team into the playoffs.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Can probably close this up. Adams doesn't have the balls to do what's right for the team. He'll probably be fired with Granato halfway through the year next year.

What a time to be a Sabres 'fan'!

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Can probably close this up. Adams doesn't have the balls to do what's right for the team. He'll probably be fired with Granato halfway through the year next year.

What a time to be a Sabres 'fan'!

I’m good if they do nothing as long as they fire Adams and Granato at the end of the season.

I’d prefer a change now just so the players have to walk into the room and face the media and answer questions as to why it didn’t work.

Of course three quarters of them would be hiding in the showers.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
They’re clearly being coached to fan out on the rush. Which I get strategically, they have shooters; shooters shoot. But it just doesn’t work if everyone knows no one is going to drag them to them net on the rush.

Line up, protect the dots and Buffalo will turn it over to you. It’s why they’re playing almost every game down a goal to start. They get rope a doped to death.

Does anyone have the number of first goals they’ve scored this year? I’d wager it’s gruesome.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If Lindy gets fired things get hilarious.

Adams won’t do shit…but fans will have a name that appeals to like…95 percent of them.

He falls into my coverall of DO SOMETHING ALREADY YOU UNQUALIFIED BUFFOON.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Weirdly, Lindy might get sacked for the results of a team that doesn't have consistent NHL goaltending and inexperienced defense that is trying to cover for a lot of injury. Buffalo on the other hand would be making the change after finally starting to get consistent goaltending and has a reasonably healthy but inexperienced defense. Neither team are poster children for good defensive play by the majority of their forwards, which given Lindy's origins is kind of funny.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Weirdly, Lindy might get sacked for the results of a team that doesn't have consistent NHL goaltending and inexperienced defense that is trying to cover for a lot of injury. Buffalo on the other hand would be making the change after finally starting to get consistent goaltending and has a reasonably healthy but inexperienced defense. Neither team are poster children for good defensive play by the majority of their forwards, which given Lindy's origins is kind of funny.
I’m pretty heavily on the Berube wagon. I'd like Evanson as well.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Meh. Roy wasn't on my short list. I'm not sold that he's a quality NHL coach.

We shall see.
He's not. People here love him because he wears his emotions on his sleeve.

His plan to rebuilding the Avs was totally opposite to what Sakic actually did and it paid off in a SC.

I wish him luck but I never wanted him coaching the Sabres.

Ruff is a thousand times better coach who has kept up with the modern game.

I’m pretty heavily on the Berube wagon. I'd like Evanson as well.
No and no.

Reactions: Zman5778 and Irie

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's not. People here love him because he wears his emotions on his sleeve.

His plan to rebuilding the Avs was totally opposite to what Sakic actually did and it paid off in a SC.

I wish him luck but I never wanted him coaching the Sabres.

Ruff is a thousand times better coach who has kept up with the modern game.

No and no.

Roy also went to Quebec and showed he could bring out the best in younger players playing a very good 2-way game from top to bottom. He hasn't been off the grid, he was actually honing his craft.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Roy also went to Quebec and showed he could bring out the best in younger players playing a very good 2-way game from top to bottom. He hasn't been off the grid, he was actually honing his craft.
We will have to agree to disagree. Roy is a hot head and full of him self. I cheer when every record he holds gets surpased.

The Islanders can keep him.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Don has more job security for finishing 19th overall than Berube had for winning a cup.

At this point the only way to enjoy following this organization is pretending they are the 1962 Mets and treating it like comedy.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Don has more job security for finishing 19th overall than Berube had for winning a cup.

At this point the only way to enjoy following this organization is pretending they are the 1962 Mets and treating it like comedy.
I’m looking forward to when Lindy and Keefe get fired and Granato is up to 6th longest tenured with like…the fifth best winning percentage in the league

Thats the Sabres standard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad