The Claude Giroux highlight thread, **** YEAH!

JagerPuck

Jun 6, 2008
NJ

His shootout goal against the Flames this season. 11/26/2010.
If anyone can find a better video of this.. please.
Watching this real-time I was screaming bloody murder at the TV

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
C'mon people, we can't let this get to page 2!

Playing these ass clowns tonight reminded me of this beauty, I can't believe it's not in here yet.

Last edited:

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Someone needs to up the hit by Giroux and pass by Giroux to JVR for the NYI game.

Oh they're coming... but the whole game tape from tonight's game could be included in here. He was an absolute beast tonight.

His best play of the night, which probably goes unnoticed, is him skating full speed down the wing, from behind Bob to catch up to the Islander just crossing our blue line and flattens him from behind to break up the rush. Awesome.

Cleary84

Nov 7, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
girouxvsbobcansupseriem.jpg

Whhaaaaaaat? Nice haha, never saw this.

Flyers93

Feb 11, 2010
Regina, SK
Wow, that's awesome. Any idea when this was?

I'm gonna go ahead and guess 2007 Canada/Russia Super Series, it's for junior players. The best Russian juniors come over to Canada and play 3 different Canadian teams, one comprised from each Canadian junior league (WHL, OHL, QMJHL.) This def. isn't World Juniors or even U-18 or U-17.

Edit: I'm actually partly wrong. In 2007 there was only one Canadian team made up of junior players and they played 4 games in Russia and 4 games in Canada to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Summit Series. Most years the Super Series is only 6 games, Russia plays 2 games against each CHL league.

Flyers93

Feb 11, 2010
Regina, SK
Bob's numbers in the '07 Super Series: 0-4, 5.25 GAA, .853 SV%. :help:

Giroux had 8 points in 8 games as Canada went 7-0-1 in the

Flyers93

Feb 11, 2010
Regina, SK
Bob's numbers in the '07 Super Series: 0-4, 5.25 GAA, .853 SV%. :help:

Giroux had 8 points in 8 games as Canada went 7-0-1 in the series.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
I'm gonna go ahead and guess 2007 Canada/Russia Super Series, it's for junior players. The best Russian juniors come over to Canada and play 3 different Canadian teams, one comprised from each Canadian junior league (WHL, OHL, QMJHL.) This def. isn't World Juniors or even U-18 or U-17.

Edit: I'm actually partly wrong. In 2007 there was only one Canadian team made up of junior players and they played 4 games in Russia and 4 games in Canada to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Summit Series. Most years the Super Series is only 6 games, Russia plays 2 games against each CHL league.

:thumbu: Cool, thanks for the info!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad