The Claude Giroux highlight thread, **** YEAH!

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
As they were skating into the neutral zone, side by side, Hartnell said Giroux was yelling "SKATE SKATE SKATE" then deftly banked a pass off the boards to lead Hartnell in on goal...

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

What I like most about this GTG against Phoenix is the simplicity (relatively speaking) of Giroux's play – ie, get puck and shoot – as well as Carter crashing the Phoenix players with the puck and doing the power-forward thing to establish position. It was, at the start, a rather dumb start to the play with the pass from the corner right into 3 Coyotes and no Flyer even close to receive the pass. However, Carter's effort turned it into the excellent first chance and Giroux's incredible focus made it work.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Flyers have been doing that "pass straight into 3 opposing players in front of the net with no Flyer close" move for a couple months now. It's awful.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Our first entry of the 2011-12 season, that didn't take too long, and with playing with Jagr, this thread could get real big, real fast....

Oowatanite

Aug 20, 2010
Ontario

My favorite Giroux goal of all time.:D It's that move, man I wish I had hands like that. Absolutely sick. Thanks for posting it.

Last edited:

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
Can anyone find the highlight from a couple or a few games back where Giroux, I mean Forsberg, I mean Giroux, basically took the puck in a circle around the other teams entire offensive zone (ala Forsberg) and then dished it off to I believe Timonen for the goal? Was looking for it but kind of hard since I don't remember which game it was and because Giroux didn't score it. I thought it was Forsberg on the ice again.

Phunhog

Jul 18, 2007
I made a Claude Giroux highlight video and put it on youtube but they red flagged my musical track ( a Melvins song ). Is there anyway around this or did i just waste 3 hours of my life? Help needed, thanx.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I made a Claude Giroux highlight video and put it on youtube but they red flagged my musical track ( a Melvins song ). Is there anyway around this or did i just waste 3 hours of my life? Help needed, thanx.

I think you just have to find the Melvin's song and link it (so they can advertising buying it) and it'll play along with your video.

Like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbGRfJfTQV0

See how it says "Artist: Linkin Park" ? Find how to put the Melvin's song on the video in the same manner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad