The Chicago Pro Hockey League (Now featuring #19)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I hope you're right but there's way more at stake than the $200.

All risk and no upside is not where I like to be.
There's plenty of upside to this. Prospects like Jokiharju get comfortable with a number of Hawks players. And free agents (like John Moore) might be more interested in signing with us after getting a decent amount of time meeting our players and playing at our practice facility.

Also, hockey in the summer months doesn't sound so bad...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
People were pissed at players for not going to the world championships but now they are being to risky playing in a less competitive summer league? can really hockey start already as we are going to lose our minds.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
People were pissed at players for not going to the world championships but now they are being to risky playing in a less competitive summer league? can really hockey start already as we are going to lose our minds.

The worlds have a purpose. If injuries happen it's unfortunate.

This has no purpose and if injuries happen it's stupid.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The worlds have a purpose. If injuries happen it's unfortunate.

This has no purpose and if injuries happen it's stupid.

Saying this has no purpose is illogical to me. Clearly it’s purpose is to provide training for the players. Injuries can happen anywhere but I would much rather have the league here under the watchful eye of the Hawks training staff then is some random rink somewhere else. Also they have more control of who plays.

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Saying this has no purpose is illogical to me. Clearly it’s purpose is to provide training for the players. Injuries can happen anywhere but I would much rather have the league here under the watchful eye of the Hawks training staff then is some random rink somewhere else. Also they have more control of who plays.

Is it training, shinny, rat hockey, a leisurely skate?

Seems opinions are all over the board.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Is it training, shinny, rat hockey, a leisurely skate?

Seems opinions are all over the board.

Sounds to me like very, very high-end, organized, rat hockey. As someone else said, it's coed for f***s sake. These guys skate all summer anyways, and play in different summer leagues all the time. Kane regularly played in Buffalo in summer leagues in the past. It will be something fun for them to do around Chicago to keep skating, and nothing more, IMO.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Shinny is played in hotel hallways, with mini hockey sticks.

I never heard the word "shinny" as referring to pick-up/rat hockey until I got to college and had Canadian friends. Shinny/Shinny Sticks was always mini-stick mayhem in the hotel hallways my entire life until that point.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
call it whatever you like, but what this really is will be a gathering of guys wanting to play for the Hawks.

John Moore, Wingels, and maybe find a way to snag Dvorak out of the Yotes...this is the most perfect recruitment program I have ever seen!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad