The Chicago Pro Hockey League (Now featuring #19)

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Did you post this comment in this thread because you saw him today at the CPHL and noticed it? Just curious.

I do think his shot has gotten a bit worse over the years. I don't think it has anything to do with an arm or a shoulder injury. It's been heavily reported that he's had back issues and that could give a player issues on the types of shots they make and their velocity.
No, It was more through watching him last season. It just seems like the quality and accuracy of his shot has deteriorated over the last couple years. I'm as big of a Toews fan as there is, but you can't deny that there is some skill deterioration there. I posted it in this thread because of the Toews discussion that was happening, and I thought it was a good place for it. They shut down the "Toews sucks" thread so I thought I'd post it here. It just reminds me a lot of Hossa and his shoulder/back issues.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Toews' shot is absolutely not the same shot he had earlier in his career. The quickness of his release has diminished substantially. As has his velocity. He used to have an elite snap shot. No idea what happened, but it's basically just an average shot at this point.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I figured. That didn't seem right.

That site has DeBrincat finishing 2nd in scoring with 11g / 7a in 6 games.

EDIT: oops - he was second in scoring in Division-A - there were three guys who outscored him in Division-B - so DeBrincat was 5th in scoring, not 2nd.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad