CFL: The CFL Thread: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
TiCats will go down with the 2001 Bombers and 2016 Stampeders. Everything went right for 5 months, and then they played their worst game of the year just when it mattered.

Not the same. 2001 WPG and 2016 CGY lost to teams with losing records.

2001 CGY- 8-10
2016 OTT- 8-9-1

At least Winnipeg won more than 8 games this year (These Blue Bombers won 11)

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Not the same. 2001 WPG and 2016 CGY lost to teams with losing records.

At least Winnipeg 2019 won more than 8 games.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, Winnipeg is a legitimately strong team and a worthy winner.

But damn, Hamilton didn't even off the bus. The f***ing Argonauts would have put up a better fight.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Heck, even Bo-Levi's GC losses at least were close

Yeah I don't remember the favourite ever getting their ass kicked like this.

Congrats to the Bombers fans, there's several who are regulars here. You guys have waited way longer than anyone should to win a Cup in a league of this size. I'll think of you guys when I'm eating Kraft Dinner for the next two weeks!

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Yeah I don't remember the favourite ever getting their ass kicked like this.

Congrats to the Bombers fans, there's several who are regulars here. You guys have waited way longer than anyone should to win a Cup in a league of this size. I'll think of you guys when I'm eating Kraft Dinner for the next two weeks!

It's a rarity.

Calvillo and Montreal lost all those GC's, but only in 2000 against BC did they lose the GC to a team with a worse record (And even THAT game came down to a 2PC.)

2003- EDM had the same record
2005- EDM had a better record
2006- BC had a better record
2008- CGY had a better record

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyle McMahon

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Bombers, Blues, Raptors, Nationals....... 2019 has been the year of the long overdue champion

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I can't name one Bomber who had a bad game today. Or one Ti-Cat who had a good one. No shortage of MVP choices, but I'd go with Willie Jefferson for the game and Harris for Canadian. They'll probably give both to Harris, but the Winnipeg defense was the true reason they won the Cup.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The 2010s decade in the CFL began with one of the wildest games ever (MTL/SSK Canada Day 2010 opener) and ended with one of the most surprising outcomes ever

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This one hurts so bad. Just could not get anything going all game: some bad desicions along the way, the dropped ball by jones, the D not showing any kid of intensity. All concluded in the wirst showing of the year...

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
So Winnipeg just beat three teams with a combined 40-14 record. That has got to be the most difficult road to a Grey Cup in CFL history I would think. The possibility of even facing three teams with a combined 40 regular season wins wouldn't exist in most seasons.

Reactions: snowkiddin

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Funny when Australian country sensation Keith Urban gets interviewed by Suits,they both up the western twangs, something Glen grew up on in North Van,and Keith in Queensland.

RaginRonic

The Ragin' One. with the big shoulder chip.
Feb 23, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
Well, I guess I cannot be shocked here.

The CFL got their preferred champion again, and left the Tiger-Cats hanging out to dry by a bunch of nooses off the side of McMahon Stadium, like how Saddam Hussein got hung.

I don't see what the CFL's big problem is with the City of Hamilton...does Hamilton not have enough conservative politicians in it? Are Hamilton's social values unacceptable to the league's bottom line?

What in the living hell is wrong with the idea of Hamilton winning the championship? There is nothing wrong with that idea, and I don't get why the entire CFL continues to immorally and illegally resist that thought.

It is now time for the CFL and TSN to step in, and intervene to give all the help in the world ONLY to the Tiger-Cats from here on. It's time for Hamilton's drought to be brought to an end, even if it's done by force.

It's time for Hamilton to start gaining control of the CFL, both on the field and in the league office. And it's time for the CFL to give the Tiger-Cats whatever the hell they want until Hamilton's drought is forced ended, either next year or in 2021, preferably in both years.

Because the rest of the CFL teams, as well as their fans, and broadcast partners, can **** themselves in the a** for raping the City of Hamilton with impunity. That needs to end.

And I don't care if my opinions aren't what the CFL or TSN want to hear. They no longer have any right having negative thoughts about Hamilton, nor do they have the right to say anything that is destructive about this city.

So, stop fighting. You no longer have any right to stand up to Hamilton and tell us 'NO' on anything we want.

I am now more than happy for Hamilton to win a rigged Grey Cup title. I no longer have any shame in admitting so.

Do all of you idiots get me?

> = (

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Well, I guess I cannot be shocked here.

The CFL got their preferred champion again, and left the Tiger-Cats hanging out to dry by a bunch of nooses off the side of McMahon Stadium, like how Saddam Hussein got hung.

I don't see what the CFL's big problem is with the City of Hamilton...does Hamilton not have enough conservative politicians in it? Are Hamilton's social values unacceptable to the league's bottom line?

What in the living hell is wrong with the idea of Hamilton winning the championship? There is nothing wrong with that idea, and I don't get why the entire CFL continues to immorally and illegally resist that thought.

It is now time for the CFL and TSN to step in, and intervene to give all the help in the world ONLY to the Tiger-Cats from here on. It's time for Hamilton's drought to be brought to an end, even if it's done by force.

It's time for Hamilton to start gaining control of the CFL, both on the field and in the league office. And it's time for the CFL to give the Tiger-Cats whatever the hell they want until Hamilton's drought is forced ended, either next year or in 2021, preferably in both years.

Because the rest of the CFL teams, as well as their fans, and broadcast partners, can **** themselves in the a** for raping the City of Hamilton with impunity. That needs to end.

And I don't care if my opinions aren't what the CFL or TSN want to hear. They no longer have any right having negative thoughts about Hamilton, nor do they have the right to say anything that is destructive about this city.

So, stop fighting. You no longer have any right to stand up to Hamilton and tell us 'NO' on anything we want.

I am now more than happy for Hamilton to win a rigged Grey Cup title. I no longer have any shame in admitting so.

Do all of you idiots get me?

> = (

If anything, that game was rigged for Hamilton. Hardly any calls against them all night. Bailey had his TD taken away. Streveler's personal conduct call was nonsense. There was no roughing the passer to be had early in the game on Jefferson...

To be sure, there's was no rigging to be had, just slightly incompetent officials (as usual).

The Bombers just simply came out on fire and made Evans look like trash. Winnipeg deserved this.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize this was satire. It's late.

RaginRonic

Feb 23, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
If anything, that game was rigged for Hamilton. Hardly any calls against them all night. Bailey had his TD taken away. Streveler's personal conduct call was nonsense. There was no roughing the passer to be had early in the game on Jefferson...

To be sure, there's was no rigging to be had, just slightly incompetent officials (as usual).

The Bombers just simply came out on fire and made Evans look like trash. Winnipeg deserved this.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize this was satire. It's late.
Uh, no....it wasn't satire, and I meant everything I said.

> = P

RaginRonic

Feb 23, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
I hope that those who run the Tiger-Cats no longer sell tickets to any fans of the Bombers, Riders, Stampeders, Eskimos, or Lions ever again. Even if a neutral site Grey Cup game happened in Hamilton, that would mean no West Division fans would be anywhere in Hamilton's borders. I also hope that Tiger-Cat fans start hosting jersey burning ceremonies for all of the West Division teams too, to let those teams know that their presence here comes with Tim Hortons Field turned into Hell on Earth for them.

> = P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad