CFL: The CFL thread - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I think there's some old clip out there of a receiver getting leveled by the goal post. But seems it very seldom happens.

Hamilton with a last play TD to keep this game in doubt. Boy...this baby is already over if Jones doesn't hang onto that ball just long enough for a score. But we have a ball game at least.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hamilton with a last play TD to keep this game in doubt. Boy...this baby is already over if Jones doesn't hang onto that ball just long enough for a score. But we have a ball game at least.

Rose is a complete idiot for letting us back in the game with that!

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Rose is a complete idiot for letting us back in the game with that!

Yup, what a moron. The panel is letting him have it too.

I think the hole is probably a little too deep though. Hamilton is going to need to hold Ottawa to 7 or fewer in the second half to have a realistic chance. Not sure they're quite up to the task, but we shall see.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yup, what a moron. The panel is letting him have it too.

I think the hole is probably a little too deep though. Hamilton is going to need to hold Ottawa to 7 or fewer in the second half to have a realistic chance. Not sure they're quite up to the task, but we shall see.

Yeah would agree. Times are getting desperate, life support activated.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's the CFL so anything is possible but that TD may have pulled the plug on the Ticats life support....

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Well that sucked. Thanks for nothing Nichols. Should hopefully see Calgary cement themselves as the Buffalo Bills of Canada next week though. Go Redblacks!

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Bet everything on Ottawa.

We all know how this movie ends with Calgary.

Despite Calgary losing two years in a row and already having beat them, they’re pretty scary. Imagine they finally put it together in a Grey Cup?

Personally, I would rather have played Winnipeg.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm going with the Stamps pulling this game out this year. Although Harris put up such a good game against the Cats its hard to go against him, but still got to go with the league leaders.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
The AssCracks owned the Cats all season and have pretty much since they re-entered the CFL.

Full value for the win, they dominated Hamilton from pretty much start to finish. Not cool by some of their fans actions after the game however. It only takes a few idiots to make the collective look bad.

Redblacks fans unruly in big Ottawa win

As a Cats fan, I'm sick of the mediocrity. One Grey Cup win since 1986, it is inexcusable. And only a handful of appearances in the title game since then.

Please put June Jones and Jerry Glanville in a retirement home ASAP. Both lack knowledge of the CFL game as evidenced during the season and yesterday. In game management/adjustments were atrocious.

Ti-Cats need a winning culture established so if you can beat 'em, go hire one of Ottawas co-ordinators. Jamie Elizondo is preferable to Thorpe. I wouldn't mind seeing Steinhauer retained as DC but I would not be surprised if the Argos gave him a good long look as their next head coach.

If Jones goes, jet Masoli too. He can't come up big when it counts. Open up the vault and bring in Mike Reilly.

Meh, maybe next, but probably never. Oskie Wee Wee, foreskin Pete. Put money on the potential east coast expansion franchise getting to/winning a Grey Cup before the Ti-Cats

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
The AssCracks owned the Cats all season and have pretty much since they re-entered the CFL.

Full value for the win, they dominated Hamilton from pretty much start to finish. Not cool by some of their fans actions after the game however. It only takes a few idiots to make the collective look bad.

Redblacks fans unruly in big Ottawa win

As a Cats fan, I'm sick of the mediocrity. One Grey Cup win since 1986, it is inexcusable. And only a handful of appearances in the title game since then.

Please put June Jones and Jerry Glanville in a retirement home ASAP. Both lack knowledge of the CFL game as evidenced during the season and yesterday. In game management/adjustments were atrocious.

Ti-Cats need a winning culture established so if you can beat 'em, go hire one of Ottawas co-ordinators. Jamie Elizondo is preferable to Thorpe. I wouldn't mind seeing Steinhauer retained as DC but I would not be surprised if the Argos gave him a good long look as their next head coach.

If Jones goes, jet Masoli too. He can't come up big when it counts. Open up the vault and bring in Mike Reilly.

Meh, maybe next, but probably never. Oskie Wee Wee, foreskin Pete. Put money on the potential east coast expansion franchise getting to/winning a Grey Cup before the Ti-Cats

I hear ya. 1 Grey Cup appearance in 13 seasons for my Eskimos. Meanwhile Calgary is going to their 5th in 7 years. It really is pathetic how Edmonton, Hamilton, and Winnipeg manage to consistently avoid playing for the Grey Cup for so long in such a small league. The bloody Argonauts, despite seemingly on the verge of folding for 15 years, have managed to win twice this decade. Ottawa steps into the league and promptly plays for the championship 3 times in 5 years.

In short...

-Winnipeg can't find a star-level QB. Haven't had one since Khari Jones, which is 15 years ago now. Nicholls showed over the last two months that he can be a game manager. But unless you have the best defense in the league, you will not win with a game manager. Streveler could finally be their guy, we'll see what kind of chance he gets next year.

-Hamilton hasn't ever had consistency in the front office. Ownership issues, management issues, coaching have all be on-and-off problems since Ron Lancaster. I disagree with you on Masoli though. Unless Mike Reilly or Bo-Levi is the replacement, moving on from Masoli would be a downgrade. Him and Harris are easily the next best in the league after those two.

-Edmonton has had the extremely good fortune of having Ricky Ray and Mike Reilly more or less fall into their laps, and have totally pissed away Hall of Fame QBs careers by employing a string of complete morons as head coach. Danny Maciocia, Kavis Reed, and Jason Maas all wasted glorious opportunities to win several Cups.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I hear ya. 1 Grey Cup appearance in 13 seasons for my Eskimos. Meanwhile Calgary is going to their 5th in 7 years. It really is pathetic how Edmonton, Hamilton, and Winnipeg manage to consistently avoid playing for the Grey Cup for so long in such a small league. The bloody Argonauts, despite seemingly on the verge of folding for 15 years, have managed to win twice this decade. Ottawa steps into the league and promptly plays for the championship 3 times in 5 years.

In short...

-Winnipeg can't find a star-level QB. Haven't had one since Khari Jones, which is 15 years ago now. Nicholls showed over the last two months that he can be a game manager. But unless you have the best defense in the league, you will not win with a game manager. Streveler could finally be their guy, we'll see what kind of chance he gets next year.

-Hamilton hasn't ever had consistency in the front office. Ownership issues, management issues, coaching have all be on-and-off problems since Ron Lancaster. I disagree with you on Masoli though. Unless Mike Reilly or Bo-Levi is the replacement, moving on from Masoli would be a downgrade. Him and Harris are easily the next best in the league after those two.

-Edmonton has had the extremely good fortune of having Ricky Ray and Mike Reilly more or less fall into their laps, and have totally pissed away Hall of Fame QBs careers by employing a string of complete morons as head coach. Danny Maciocia, Kavis Reed, and Jason Maas all wasted glorious opportunities to win several Cups.

The crazy thing is, in Ottawa, the fans don’t appreciate Trevor Harris. Ottawa is insanely hard on QBs (wanted Burris gone during the first season, booed him during our Grey Cup season). I’ve defended Harris all season because a lot of the stuff never made sense (can’t play in big games), but you’re absolurely right, there’s really only 3-4 QBs in the league right now you can win with.

Masoli turned out to be a pretty good QB. Certainly better than Franklin or Bridges and possibly Manziel (juries still out). Ottawa seems to be his kypronite, where he has a really lousy record and what seems like tons of interceptions. But, then again, hard to pin it all on one guy. Laurent, who’s a beast, seems like a tame lion against us. Simoni Lawrence is only noticeable when he’s running his mouth. For whatever reason, everything falls apart against Ottawa.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

In short...

Winnipeg has had trouble finding their “it” player post-Stegall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad