The Carey Price aka God discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
So much negativity around here. The sky is not falling, the core is still very young yet we finished with 110pts for 2nd in the east and lost in the 2nd round to a great team that could easily win it all. Montreal is definitely heading in the right direction, you people need some patience.

Tampa a great team?!? We dominated them and couldnt score....Rangers dominating and cant score yet. Tampa is hardly elite...our lack of scoring really ****ed us. And our coach and GM have no clue how to fix it!!!

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
Some of you have reading comprehension problems. He said he beat Detroit and the MVP (Carey Price). And it's no secret Price is the MVP.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Tampa a great team?!? We dominated them and couldnt score....Rangers dominating and cant score yet. Tampa is hardly elite...our lack of scoring really ****ed us. And our coach and GM have no clue how to fix it!!!

Yes, Tampa great team! They were slated to be one of the top teams in the East at the start of the season by just about everyone (ahead of the Habs) and they didn't disappoint. They're the top scoring team in the league with depth and solid D and goaltending to boot. I wouldn't say the Habs dominated them, they played quite well against them, better than most expected considering how TB manhandled them during the season. Which, BTW, is a GOOD thing.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
I just found Friedman said it so casually. 'He beat the MVP, he doesn't get the credit he deserves.'.....It was probably just an opinion but his conviction was though he knew, and he'd be in the know.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Watching the pre-game for Rangers/TB and Elliott Friedman began talking about how Ben Bishop doesn't get enough respect and said along the lines of

"He took care of Detroit and he beat the MVP, I just don't think he gets the credit he deserves'

I am paraphrasing but does Friedman get a vote? Is it voted by the journalists of the GM's?

Yes, Friedman has a vote, and yes, he knows everyone else who has a vote. Just by talking with them through the course of work, he may have pieced together that a majority has voted Price. I mean, half the Sportsnet crew had a vote (him, Kipper and MacLean for sure, probably more), so he'd probably know at least their votes right off the bat. I think he already admitted on air that he voted for Price, so it could just be his opinion as well, though.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If Bishop gets the Hart...I give up on this league....
Votes are already in. Tavares, OV and Price finished top 3 in voting. We just don't know what order yet.

It will probably be Price by a pretty comfortable margin. The guy was a freaking superhero this year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Seems that he had a back problem. And should have taken some timeout but we wanted the ice advantage and didn't give him the necessary rest. Enough with that. Nobody should care about ice advantage anymore. Rest your goalie. If you can't, it means that your backup sucks. Get a better backup.

Look at how a rested Lundqvist plays right now.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
Mike Therrien for you

I'm by no means a Mike Therrien apologist, but in his defense, Price was having a record breaking year and maybe he argued to be played that much to clean up as much as he could. Heck a cynical view could be that he knew the team in front of him wouldn't make it out of the east, so, might as well collect as much hardware and records as possible in the regular season. I just don't think this one you can entirely blame on MT. There are enough other problems that can be, so, there's no shortage.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Seems that he had a back problem. And should have taken some timeout but we wanted the ice advantage and didn't give him the necessary rest. Enough with that. Nobody should care about ice advantage anymore. Rest your goalie. If you can't, it means that your backup sucks. Get a better backup.

Look at how a rested Lundqvist plays right now.
Where was this reported?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I wonder where he will place after the award ceremony on an all-time list.
I have to think he gets in on the top 30 of goaltenders, maybe even 20 ?

Edit: HOH had Lu, Thomas and Lundqvist at 34-35-37... He probably makes the top 40 then, just behind those guys ?

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Don't think Bishop beat Price to be honest. Tampa just has better forwards than can actually score on A grade scoring chances. We do not.

Bishop is so overrated it's unreal.

HabsDieHard*

Don't think Bishop beat Price to be honest. Tampa just has better forwards than can actually score on A grade scoring chances. We do not.

Montreal also turned the puck over to Bishop on probably somewehre around 75% of their possessions.

That's what happens when you have a predictable dump and chase system with a coach who cannot/will not adapt.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

If we had any type of player who could finish around the net...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad