The Carey Price aka God discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Welp...not a great start this season for Carey (or the defense) but it should be a matter of time before he starts bouncing back anytime soon.

I think a solid win against the Bs this week will put him back on track :yo:

Last edited:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Price will be fine. It's our defense that should be the main concern right now.

It would be nice to have another legitimate top 4, or even better a top 2, defenseman in our D corps. I'm not saying our D wont improve, as they will, but I would be lying if I said I believed we could do real damage in the east with our D how it is right now.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
He doesn't look completely healthy to me :/ Has anyone noticed that he kind of favours his left leg when he gets up? (Ex. During the shootout against the flyers)

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
He doesn't look completely healthy to me :/ Has anyone noticed that he kind of favours his left leg when he gets up? (Ex. During the shootout against the flyers)

Could it be because he's left-handed?

I'm right-handed and use my right leg to get up since its my stronger leg. Just speculating here so this might sound completely stupid lol

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Well, during Friday's practice, he had problems with his knee. I'm not sure he's 100%. He was super sharp during preseason, which is not the case right now. Plus, it doesn't help that the guys in front of him have been playing like **** in their zone.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Price just didn't make the big saves tonight. He isn't making as many game breaker saves to start the year and that's where people are feeling let down.

Versus TO and Philly he wasn't really letting in weak goal, and was still making huge saves. MTL just has so many damn breakdowns that it's not overly hard to score three against them even with their goalie making huge stops and not letting any weak goals in.

Tonight he had some stoppable goals and wasn't nearly as sharp, and you see how easily 2-3 goals against can jump to 5-6.

This was an issue all last season, yet the Therrien and coaching staff has done nothing to change the defensive schemes

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I am not the biggest fan of Price. Always thought he was overrated. This summer I did have him as favorite to finally win a Vezina though. Which doesn't look good right now

TheSubbanator76

Oct 13, 2014
I am still not totally confident in the play of Price and never really have been since the Halak endeavor.. We need a number 2 d-man and a number one center and I believe in Toker.. Perhaps a Price trade would finally bring us one of those because the reality is, Quick is the only top 3 goalie to win the cup in the modern era (2004) and he has an amazingly deep team in front of him. Goalies are not as important as they used to be and its not sustainable to rely on your goalie to be insanely good every night anymore.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
........... you guys want to trade Price after 3 freaking games? The fan base has got to be less bipolar - this is why players refuse to play for Montreal.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
He'll be fine, it's the system around him that need fixing. For too long he has been bailing them (and by "them" I mean the coaching staff) out.

When the majority of players are in a funk, you look above them and to the coaching.

I'd like to know who thought it would be a good idea to play a (bad) swarm defence around a goalie who's major strength is the economy and efficiency of his movement.

Millpool

Jul 12, 2012
I am still not totally confident in the play of Price and never really have been since the Halak endeavor.. We need a number 2 d-man and a number one center and I believe in Toker.. Perhaps a Price trade would finally bring us one of those because the reality is, Quick is the only top 3 goalie to win the cup in the modern era (2004) and he has an amazingly deep team in front of him. Goalies are not as important as they used to be and its not sustainable to rely on your goalie to be insanely good every night anymore.

You're not confident in Price yet you 'believe in' Tokarski?! This place is so unbelievable sometimes.

Three games, including two wins.

crystal ball

Mar 30, 2007
To be honest, Price hasn't stood out. But that's because of the wide-open chances guys are getting while our 9 million dollar Dman is making a bunch of fruitless end to end rushes that end up with him getting caught with no energy in front of Price. That Callahan goal was a perfect example. P.K. makes the big rush with no intention of passing or working with his teammates, then lets Callahan breeze by him on the return play. The guy should look at Hedman and how he's not there trying to do it all himself. If trading Gorges had something to do with dumping his salary to pay Subban more, there's a problem with that.

TheSubbanator76

Oct 13, 2014
Trade Price when the value is high and focus on developing our young guys and bringing in a true shut down, 1st pairing, d-man, and someone capable of putting 80-90 points in per season. Relying on your goalie as much as we do is putting a bandaid on a massive wound. LOOKING AT THE PAST 10 CUP WINNERS, it simple doesn't work. Some teams are desperate for a goalie and Tokarski is a proven winner (Calder, Memorial, WJ's) for a cheaper cap hit.. Use the pieces from Price to build a true contender

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Trade Price when the value is high and focus on developing our young guys and bringing in a true shut down, 1st pairing, d-man, and someone capable of putting 80-90 points in per season. Relying on your goalie as much as we do is putting a bandaid on a massive wound. LOOKING AT THE PAST 10 CUP WINNERS, it simple doesn't work. Some teams are desperate for a goalie and Tokarski is a proven winner (Calder, Memorial, WJ's) for a cheaper cap hit.. Use the pieces from Price to build a true contender

By your logic on Price how does Tokarski look good? He let in 4 in the 3rd :laugh:

Trade Price suggestion should be auto ban :laugh:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

LOL. Get real.

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007
The only thing i'll say is these guys are tired.. Let thursday confirm this with an emotional win against the bees

tired the 4th game of the year? this team gives up ridiculous chances from the slot every game. its brutal.

price was great against the leafs imo..eller own goal hurts the stats.

habs were a no show as usual in philly and then bang we tied it up and price shut it down

last night...the game obviously meant more to tampa and it showed.

habs are 3-1 and have been the better team in which game? toronto? maybe? its early so who cares...but you want to see good things at least. bobby mac says the first 2 weeks is a throw away. so ya lets just watch and enjoy the habs being back.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This team has quite a few positions to think to improve on before goaltending.

Like, every 20 skaters spot on the roster.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

So is Price not a proven winner. Calder Cup winner and Mvp, World Junior Gold, top 5 goalie in the nhl. Best player on the Montreal Canadiens.

Im just going to assume you were a halak fan boy as well.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Round-10-NE-Def.gif

I know it's just a couple of you, but it's still hilarious that following the first loss of the season the idea of trading Price or being better off with Halak would even have to be shouted down.

Get a grip, guys.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think his play has been average and his numbers are terrible. If this team plays like it did last year and we get an average season from him though, we're toast. He definitely hasn't been as sharp as he was last year. In Philly we saw a really soft goal that he rarely gave up last year...

It's game 4. I'm not overly worried about him but the team didn't play well last year and I don't think we've played all that well this year. We'll need him to get back to playing awesome or else this could be a really long year.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Quick and Lundqvist have not been particularly hot either to start the season. There's nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad