GDT: The Canucks and the Expansion Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'll believe it when I see with Sbisa. As mentioned, Sekeres' "either Gaunce or Sbisa" sounded extremely odd and didn't add up to me.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
You can never be pleased. Keep Sbisa and you're mad we lose Gaunce, lose Sbisa and you're assuming stupid things will be done.

I mean, don't take this as an endorsement for defeatist thinking, but when have we been steered wrong by assuming the worst of Benning?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Based on that list Sbisa makes little sense... we sure it ain't Boucher?

Some things seem to be adding up to Sbisa being the one taken (McPhee saying they are loading up on D, Sekeres saying it was one of Gaunce or Sbisa). But I agree, I think there's a glut of better D options out there for Vegas to take.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I'll believe it when I see with Sbisa. As mentioned, Sekeres' "either Gaunce or Sbisa" sounded extremely odd and didn't add up to me.

It definitely does seem weird. If I was running Vegas, Boucher would be a better option.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
It's sad that Sbisa being taken by Vegas could be the most exciting/best thing to happen to this team in a few years.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Good that Gaunce isn't taken. I guess LV thought they had better options available to use as of their RFA slots. His value around the league is probably not much compared to what it is here at least. I think Green will utilize him more so we'll see what he's got.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
You can never be pleased. Keep Sbisa and you're mad we lose Gaunce, lose Sbisa and you're assuming stupid things will be done.

Yup, because stupid things are being done.

You know how I can be pleased? If the GM stops doing stupid things. Unlike some, I'm not going to lower my expectations and standards just because we have an idiot as GM.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Some things seem to be adding up to Sbisa being the one taken (McPhee saying they are loading up on D, Sekeres saying it was one of Gaunce or Sbisa). But I agree, I think there's a glut of better D options out there for Vegas to take.

If they're not taking Gaunce, I would assume they're taking Biega instead of Sbisa.

Edit - or maybe not. If they're taking Sbisa? LOL. We've somehow ended up being a major winner here.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This is a huge get for us, his contract is awful, helps with the eriksson gongshow contract.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
As I expected, even Sbisa has some value around the league (and more than Gaunce). Assuming it is him and not Skille etc.

Thankfully (hopefully) Gaunce gets a chance in Vancouver and he could shine under Travis Green.

Also, I'm sure ownership is going to have a tighter grip on their wallets over last season's debacle.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
If they're not taking Gaunce, I would assume they're taking Biega instead of Sbisa.

Edit - or maybe not. If they're taking Sbisa? LOL. We've somehow ended up being a major winner here.

I find it very perplexing... I'm still interested to see if they haven't taken Boucher....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad