GDT: The Canucks and the Expansion Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
As I expected, even Sbisa has some value around the league (and more than Gaunce). Assuming it is him and not Skille etc.

Thankfully (hopefully) Gaunce gets a chance in Vancouver and he could shine under Travis Green.

Also, I'm sure ownership is going to have a tighter grip on their wallets over last season's debacle.

Vegas has to hit a cap threshold in the expansion draft. No idea how it's looking with what's projected/rumored to be going on, but that could be Sbisa's "value."

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What hurts the chances for Gaunce/Sbisa is that Vegas will be picking 30 players and have access to a lot of mid-level players. Gaunce may be the best choice from Vancouver but no point taking him if he's only going to be you're 14/15th forward

They need to populate an entire farm team, so a guy who is - at worst - an elite two-way player at that level on a cheap two-way contract is a significant asset.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Stoner, Methot, Garrison, Emelin, Theodore, McNabb, Miller, Schlemko

Between Stoner and Emelin alone it seems they have the overpaid D already covered

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
DC3sgf9U0AICwDi.jpg

Since this was posted they've also been confirmed to be taking David Schlemko, Griffin Reinhart, and Colin Miller.

There's no way they're taking Sbisa, and I even have doubts they go after someone like Biega. I could see them taking a UFA like Rodin and maybe not even signing him. :laugh:

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I imagine Vegas has told them who they're taking and that Benning would have told the agents/players. So either the Agents are being quiet or they haven't actually been told anything.

I kind of can make sense of it being Skille so they can just walk away without it affecting the guys that are RFA.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
They need to populate an entire farm team, so a guy who is - at worst - an elite two-way player at that level on a cheap two-way contract is a significant asset.

Aren't they splitting the Wolves with St. Louis?

Chicago likes to be more hands on than other AHL orgs, so I don't think that this is as pressing a concern for the Knights.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Are we the last to know? The suspense. Oh, the suspense.

If you need me I'll be eating a sandwich.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
So, judging by all the tweets from Dhaliwal - either Benning hasn't told the player yet, or the agents are keeping quiet.

Or it might just be Biega or even Rödin. How funny would that be. A blatant non-commital move to escape having to pick an actual Canuck ^^

P.S: I like and rate Rödin, but still.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'll be interested in seeing what some of these side deals end up looking like, because as of right now the team I drafted for Vegas the other day looks MUCH better than the one they went with.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'll be interested in seeing what some of these side deals end up looking like, because as of right now the team I drafted for Vegas the other day looks MUCH better than the one they went with.

They don't want the best team possible, and are OK with being a bad team for the first couple seasons.

Also, most of the better players were protected in side deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad