GDT: The Canes are not a 1 & Dun team. Caps time is don, it's over!

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
That entire sequence is completely inexcusable, and the reason they still aren’t good. No situational awareness whatsoever. How the f*** do 5 guys not keep their man in front of them with 6 seconds left and the puck in the neutral zone.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
On the brightside, I did like what I saw from Stempniak tonight, coming off an extended absence. He fleshes out the depth up front. The Canes may not have that high-end player at forward, although Aho may make me eat those words, but the depth 1-12 should help them overcome that, when fully healthy. It would be even better if GMRF can get a quality linemate for Lindholm.

Rask is starting to pick it up. He still looks a half stride slow, but he's making it work.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Just caught up to the end on the PVR. Are you f***ing kidding me Canes?! f***ing seriously. The last home game against Washington was bad enough to blow it, but this shit. Come the f*** on to not even get a point. If we just miss the playoffs, this is the worst one of the season to point at. Good lord. After such a positive day for the franchise, what a shit end. f*** I'm furious.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Just caught up to the end on the PVR. Are you ****ing kidding me Canes?! ****ing seriously. The last home game against Washington was bad enough to blow it, but this ****. Come the **** on to not even get a point. If we just miss the playoffs, this is the worst one of the season to point at. Good lord. After such a positive day for the franchise, what a **** end. **** I'm furious.
Still a positive day.

Why?

Because it's not Peter Karmanos' job to fix this anymore.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
713561D6-385D-40EC-A003-AC1202CED4E5.jpeg

I didn’t see nuffin

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Still a positive day.

Why?

Because it's not Peter Karmanos' job to fix this anymore.

Truth.

Obviously he's not going to blow the whole thing up on day 2 because we just lost in the worst way possible, but this team has had a knack for pissing points away for too long and nothing was ever done about it.

Now, it's time to see what Dundon can do.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Truth.

Obviously he's not going to blow the whole thing up on day 2 because we just lost in the worst way possible, but this team has had a knack for pissing points away for too long and nothing was ever done about it.

Now, it's time to see what Dundon can do.
Karmanos allowed the culture of this franchise to be one that just gave points away like candy on Halloween over the course of a year. This isn't going to be solved without a message being sent and a shakeup to the roster. This is when it's a good thing to have a hands on owner who is willing to spend to compete.

If I'm a player on the team right now, I would be worried about my future having seen this happen. A message will be sent, it's only a matter of when.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad