GDT: The Canes are not a 1 & Dun team. Caps time is don, it's over!

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Having taken 24 hours to process the shock of that ending, that was still one of the most fun home games I’ve been to in a while. The crowd was electric at times, there were highlight reel plays all over the place, and the ownership change created a lot of buzz. Maybe a bit of a feeling in the building that a page had turned.

And if not for that last 1.4 seconds, that was a hell of a game against a pretty good team.

Agreeed 100%. I was having a lot of fun up until that final second.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
I was upset of the ending. However, it's hard to remain upset when we now have a new owner and a new chapter of the team. I find comfort that I know this team is staying for another 7 years and that they plan to renovate the stadium. As a fan, I'm inclined to believe that it's time to make a move and bring someone in. I hope we don't have another tight budget owner in the mix....

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Still that`s a blatant call to miss. Of course Canes ****ed up really bad, but they had to be on PP then. Refs decided that game for us.

No, the Canes decided that game. It's not like that's the first time in any of those players' careers that they've not gotten a call. You lobby for a call, then you move on when you don't get it.

You certainly don't do what they did.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I still haven't got over that Hanifin turnover. He's still a young player, and it's still early in the playoff battle. But we can't have our 5th overall pick with almost 3 years of NHL experience doing that, point blank. That's something we would expect out of former Canes, now Olympians Gragnani and Sanguinetti, but not "All Star NHL player" Hanifin. If Faulk did that, I'm pretty sure someone would have tried to execute him by now. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
No, the Canes decided that game. It's not like that's the first time in any of those players' careers that they've not gotten a call. You lobby for a call, then you move on when you don't get it.

You certainly don't do what they did.
As I said, I agree that they f***ed themselves up, but I will not agree that referee have nothing to do with it.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I still haven't got over that Hanifin turnover. He's still a young player, and it's still early in the playoff battle. But we can't have our 5th overall pick with almost 3 years of NHL experience doing that, point blank. That's something we would expect out of former Canes, now Olympians Gragnani and Sanguinetti, but not "All Star NHL player" Hanifin. If Faulk did that, I'm pretty sure someone would have tried to execute him by now. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

All players, including the Norris guys, make plays like that every now and then. It's a tough game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->