The Canadiens should attempt to sign Alexander Radulov

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Every single player on this team talks about how tight of a group this is and that's a very important ingredient in the success they've had for the last 3 years. Throw Radulov in there and you risk loosing that advantage. Not worth the risk, IMO.

Last edited:

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Every single player on this team talks about how tight of a group this is and that's a very important ingredient in the success they've had for the last 3 years. Through Radulov in there and you risk loosing that advantage. Not worth the risk, IMO.

sure.

lets have Desharnais pass to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau.

These guys are so tight now that they pass all night long to each other!!
Who need goals when you can make those beautiful passes!

I've heard next year Bettman wanted to replace the shootouts with a new tie breaker call the Pass Outs. Have three of your best players on the ice passing the puck to each other until one player misses or.. Passes OUT. Genius I say. Simply genius. The ratings will shoot through the roof!! Salary cap is bound to go up by at least 20 million in a short year thanks to this!!!!!!!! :handclap::handclap:

Come on man, really?

IdontSpitOnTheIce

Apr 27, 2012
Every single player on this team talks about how tight of a group this is and that's a very important ingredient in the success they've had for the last 3 years. Through Radulov in there and you risk loosing that advantage. Not worth the risk, IMO.

Why ? he is friends with Emelin and Markov.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006

It's well worth the risk when you have a team as thirsty for skill and goal scoring as the habs. Radulov at the very least will get your team 50 points, much better than having Weise playing on the top line lol.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Probably the best hockey talent outside the NHL @ an average of $9.2 mil. a year, but seems to be a trouble magnet, at the middle of KHL/NHL agreements. Besides the Kostitsyn/Radulov drinking at Nashville bar 5:00 am before a playoff match, which resulted in Radulov becoming a UFA, due to Poile Nashville GM having had his fill of bad publicity. Not a good fit for our Habs, IMHO.:nod:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'd love this kind of talent acquisition, he'd be great as a free pickup - 5 years 7/8/9 million would be great.

Carpe Diem.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Any agent worth his salt would also ask Don Meehan how Andrei Markov has been treated and ask Alexei Emelin's agent (not sure who that is) have been treated in Montreal... Then he'd ask how Tomas Plekanec has been treated.... how Lars Eller has been treated.... how Jacob dela Rose has been treated.... I mean if we want to get into how Montreal treats European players.
???? Not sure how you got that from my post. European players aren't the issue... it's how we handle skilled forwards.

Nobody is going to look at the Sekac situation and say he was treated poorly by the organization, they will look at the coach that you have to play under and what happened with Sekac as a warning to heed. I'm not suggesting for a second that Jiri Sekac's experience in Montreal means that nobody else will ever come here, just saying that it doesn't help. I don't know why any kind of skilled player would ever want to come to Montreal as long as Therrien's here.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Half way through the season, MT will complain about Radulov not scoring in his hypocritical system and will ask for him to be traded for a plumber. No thanks, Radu shouldn't waste his time in Montreal.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
???? Not sure how you got that from my post. European players aren't the issue... it's how we handle skilled forwards.

Nobody is going to look at the Sekac situation and say he was treated poorly by the organization, they will look at the coach that you have to play under and what happened with Sekac as a warning to heed. I'm not suggesting for a second that Jiri Sekac's experience in Montreal means that nobody else will ever come here, just saying that it doesn't help. I don't know why any kind of skilled player would ever want to come to Montreal as long as Therrien's here.

Sekac isnt in radulovs league skill wise. Ask max how hes been treated because hes the only guy on our team that has that kind of skill.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Sekac isnt in radulovs league skill wise. Ask max how hes been treated because hes the only guy on our team that has that kind of skill.
Max Paccioretty is a North South type player. Radulov is East West, just like Sekac is. East West players and Therrien don't mix.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Radulov makes big dollars in motherland and does not care about the NHL in ways that we would hope he would. He is a top 10 player in the world in terms of talent but the heart and respect of a team concept might lack(reports can be false though) and he would have a hard time being asked to grind. he is not a fit under MT and even if he was, the signing of Petry leaves no room for him.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Let's all go crazy over the next Todd Bertuzzi, Marty McSorley clone.
It's sad how fans care so little about the game of hockey, that they'd happily promote a guy with anger and control issues just to have their team score a few goals.
How long before he's in court over his on ice stupidity.

No thank you.
This pile of trash can stay in mother Russia and enjoy playing blood hockey.

PricePkPatch*

Nobody has addressed one thing.

Isnt he alreasy under contract? Isnt there a non-poaching agreement between the leagues?

Does he have a "bolt before the last year" clause?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Nobody has addressed one thing.

Isnt he alreasy under contract? Isnt there a non-poaching agreement between the leagues?

Does he have a "bolt before the last year" clause?

A large % of players in the KHL mutually terminated their contracts due to the ruble crash.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
given how difficult it is to find players! I ll change my mind and say yes! 2nd or 3rd line. At the end of the day! Talent wins games. Habs have good leadership to gipe him in check. Montreal is a hockey city pretty he knows better then to act like an idiot here.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Max Paccioretty is a North South type player. Radulov is East West, just like Sekac is. East West players and Therrien don't mix.

Sekac isn't half the player that Radulov is......

Its a little different when you are talking third line talent vs a game breaking first liner.

To me I don't see the comparison between a guy who is a rookie, and is still having trouble cracking the lineup in Anaheim, and Radulov who is going to come in as a guy who already has a 60 point NHL season under his belt, is the second leading scorer in KHL history, and just won the KHL scoring title with 71 points vs Sekac who had 28 points in his last KHL season.

You're going to have to come up with a better example than "Sekac and Therrien didn't get a long".... because I'm not buying that comparison.

The closest is the Vanek comparison... and Vanek did very well here in the regular season before becoming a disaster in the playoffs, but I'm not even sure that is Therrien seeing how Vanek didn't do any better with Minnesota.

Therrien gave Vanek every opportunity to succeed. Its not his fault Vanek didn't seize that opportunity.

We criticize Therrien's lack of offence all the time... but look at what the article points out... all of those final 4 teams have 3-4 players who would play on our first line. We have one player with the talent to join the first line of one of those teams (Max Pacioretty). People want Therrien to play this run and gun style and criticize him when we don't.. but the reality is we have an excellent goalie, a pretty darn good defence... and a Pop-gun offense with one game breaker. Its no wonder he wants a defensive system and not to play run and gun.

Give him some better pieces (like a Radulov) before saying he doesn't know how to use them, and sorry, Sekac wasn't one of those elite offensive pieces.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
sure.

lets have Desharnais pass to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau, back to Desharnais, to Galchenyuk, to Parenteau. Back to Desharnais then Parenteau.

These guys are so tight now that they pass all night long to each other!!
Who need goals when you can make those beautiful passes!

I've heard next year Bettman wanted to replace the shootouts with a new tie breaker call the Pass Outs. Have three of your best players on the ice passing the puck to each other until one player misses or.. Passes OUT. Genius I say. Simply genius. The ratings will shoot through the roof!! Salary cap is bound to go up by at least 20 million in a short year thanks to this!!!!!!!! :handclap::handclap:

Come on man, really?

You forgot "back to Desharnais"...........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad