Recalled/Assigned: The Canadiens have recalled forward Kenny Agostino

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Cant say what is up with D-Lo but he is certainly not as good as last year. Could be linemates etc but of all people 4th liners have to go all out all the time. A likely explanation for last year is just having a shot with a new team, plenty of players have more jump after a trade, like DSP and his what, 7 or 9 goals in New Jersey after we traded him. So could be this or that, but could be this is what D-Lo truly is.

Agostina skates well anyway.

Reactions: Le philantrope
Aug 25, 2009
éal
So he's gonna stick with us the whole year instead of risking losing him through waivers? Laval will struggle even more without a proven scorer on their team

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Cant say what is up with D-Lo but he is certainly not as good as last year. Could be linemates etc but of all people 4th liners have to go all out all the time. A likely explanation for last year is just having a shot with a new team, plenty of players have more jump after a trade, like DSP and his what, 7 or 9 goals in New Jersey after we traded him. So could be this or that, but could be this is what D-Lo truly is.

I agree with this, Deslauriers has been bad and useless alot this year, on the PK he fails to make anything happen, or even physically, he's not fast enough anymore to hit anyone.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

well DLO had 2 pts in his last season with the sabers in 42 games then the next season scores 10 in 58 after having just 12 in his career before coming to the Habs. So it's likely that he's just regressing back to his average I'd think.

Reactions: LaP

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
well DLO had 2 pts in his last season with the Sabres in 42 games then the next season scores 10 in 58 after having just 12 in his career before coming to the Habs. So it's likely that he's just regressing back to his average I'd think.

Maybe that's part of MBs plan, get all these 4th liners, get a good 20 games out of them and when they regress to mean, pop open another can. And maybe snag a good one every 20.

Reactions: montreal

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
I don't really care about anyone on this 4th line. I miss the time when we had Hudon-Peca-Shaw or Hudon-Plekanec-Shaw/Peca as a 4th line.

But yeah, Agostino has been better than Deslauriers.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016

About D-Lo, I believe that shield he had to wear affected his vision, especially in close. I do not mean hockey vision.. but overall vision.. -- Sure, year 2 is less exciting usually, the novelty is gone.
Maybe he's settled more in just hitting guys and making his presence felt, which is not really the case among forwards other than Agostino or Hudon surprising with a good hard check here and there.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He's about as meat and potatoes as you can get, which is fine for the 4th line. Still, I'd rather see Hudon get Agostino's spot in the end, even if he his warts and isn't perfect for an energy role .

Last edited:

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
he has surprisingly quick hands.

I would have still waived him, Peca, Deslauriers, Chaput instead of Scherbak.

I'd take my chance on a 22 years old before a 27 years old one.

Scheback might amount to nothing but you go to go with the odds.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He's about as meat and potatoes as you can get, which is fine for the 4th line. Still, I'd rather see Hudon get Agostino's spot in the end, even if he his warts and isn't perfect for an energy role .
I don’t think Hudon is an nhl quality player. The game is getting faster while he is still too slow.

Reactions: Acadien86

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I don’t think Hudon is an nhl quality player. The game is getting faster while he is still too slow.

He is still good enough to be a top 9. He had 30 pts last year. The coach isnt being fair with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad