Recalled/Assigned: The Canadiens have recalled forward Kenny Agostino

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Will be interesting to see who goes down when Byron comes back, and then Armia.

I have Deslauriers behind the other two.
D'Lo looked great as a 13th forward last year. Not sure if it was the chemistry he had with whoever he played, or if he's not fully recovered from getting his face caved in in pre-season, but he's been really bad this season.

I agree that Agostino and Chaput have surpassed him in the depth chart.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
D'Lo looked great as a 13th forward last year. Not sure if it was the chemistry he had with whoever he played, or if he's not fully recovered from getting his face caved in in pre-season, but he's been really bad this season.

I agree that Agostino and Chaput have surpassed him in the depth chart.

The main person he had chemistry with last year was Daniel Carr. They were tough on the forecheck and created quick scoring chances - and converted a ton of them. They were on pace for 40 to 50 points playing together.

But, I think the main factor is the game getting slightly faster this year. D-lo and Hudon's lack of speed really stick out.

Carr has 9 goals and 22 points in 16 AHL games. The guy finally recently got a call up. He's another one whose lack of footspeed really hurts him.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Agostino has been pretty good to be honest...I think he's a better player than Deslauriers and offers just as much, if not more than Hudon at this point.

Reactions: Redux91

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think we keep him up, I like having 4th liners playing with someone in the pressbox ready to take their spot- hence why I'd cut Oellette and try and trade one of Schlemko/Benn when guys return.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I also think we should keep him for the time being. This guy never had a true chance for 20+ games in a season.

Someone like Deslauriers could use some times in Laval.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I've really liked how the 4th line has been playing, what scares me though is Julien's love for these types of players and seeing them still out regularly when we need a goal.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I've really liked how the 4th line has been playing, what scares me though is Julien's love for these types of players and seeing them still out regularly when we need a goal.

Thats my worry as well. Guys like Agostino are good to have on the 4th line but older school coaches like Julien tend to reward them with offensive opportunities like on the PP or in key moments of the game

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
So I was messing around on Cap Friendly and was wondering just how much Agostino was making since being called up to Montreal and apparently he's already up to $75,000 (before taxes) in only 20 days on the big club Montreal Canadiens Daily Cap Tracker - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

That is quite the pay day for someone who was supposed to spend the year in the minors. Actually, I just realized his minors salary is $275,000 which is quite big. It seems when I started following hockey players in the minors were barely clearing $60,000 if memory serves.

I understand at some point the AHL has to compete with Europe salaries but it seems weird that minor leaguers are making lawyers/doctors salaries. Those AHL pay roll must be huge! Compare to baseball minor leaguers who make $20,000 per season this is getting a little out of hand lol

Right now someone who plays 15 years plus a couple of callups here and there could have career earnings of more than $4M, that is unbelieveable when you consider they would be literally be minor leaguers but would be able to retire comfortably at the age of 35 with $4M in the bank

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
So I was messing around on Cap Friendly and was wondering just how much Agostino was making since being called up to Montreal and apparently he's already up to $75,000 (before taxes) in only 20 days on the big club Montreal Canadiens Daily Cap Tracker - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

That is quite the pay day for someone who was supposed to spend the year in the minors. Actually, I just realized his minors salary is $275,000 which is quite big. It seems when I started following hockey players in the minors were barely clearing $60,000 if memory serves.

I understand at some point the AHL has to compete with Europe salaries but it seems weird that minor leaguers are making lawyers/doctors salaries. Those AHL pay roll must be huge! Compare to baseball minor leaguers who make $20,000 per season this is getting a little out of hand lol

Right now someone who plays 15 years plus a couple of callups here and there could have career earnings of more than $4M, that is unbelieveable when you consider they would be literally be minor leaguers but would be able to retire comfortably at the age of 35 with $4M in the bank

I think he earns more than that, he has a garanteed salary of 350,000

MINIMUM GUARANTEED SALARY: 2018-19: $350,000

I don't know if it goes with a 'for sure call-up', if so... he had almost earned his garanteed salary.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Agostino played his tenth game last night. He now has to go through waivers should Montreal send him back down to Laval at some point.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

It's 70,000 now, that's the cap on ELC's, the Habs have overpaid a few vets to ensure they will sign with the Habs to play in Laval. They are paying Froese 650K to play in Laval, Chaput gets 275K in the AHL and is guaranteed 325K in both seasons. Lindgren's getting 750K in Laval.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
It's 70,000 now, that's the cap on ELC's, the Habs have overpaid a few vets to ensure they will sign with the Habs to play in Laval. They are paying Froese 650K to play in Laval, Chaput gets 275K in the AHL and is guaranteed 325K in both seasons. Lindgren's getting 750K in Laval.

When its garanteed, does it mean that he will for sure be re-call in the season?

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009

That Alzner guy now getting $6M this year to play in Laval.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad