Recalled/Assigned: The Canadiens have recalled forward Kenny Agostino

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Habs have some players in Laval who can help, Kulak is surely one

not really, they have some depth guys but if you want to win games they won't help much imo. I don't think Kulak would bring that much, could be a solid 7th maybe a decent 6th.

isnt Laval also trash this season

How good Agostino is doing this year?

not really, the can't score but they have looked the part, usually they are the best team that gets lots of chances and doesn't give up many but their PP is terrible and they usually can't buy a goal. The last few games they struggled and didn't dominate like they have been.

Agostino is a very good AHLer but don't think he'll bring much to the Habs. At least it's not Froese.

Reactions: groovejuice

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Can I like this 100 times ?

Yes but it would take a long time, I've never done it so I'm not sure entirely how many accounts you can have on one device.

So you may have to create 100 different accounts on 100 different devices in order to like that post 100 times.

Otherwise you could solicit 100 existing members of this site via private message stating that you would like them to click like on that particular post. But you would have to account for Atleast 50% of them not actually doing it. So to be safe I would solicit 300 existing members.

So I guess ultimately what it comes down too is how bad do you actually want to like that particular post 100 times, because you could do it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He doesn't have the speed to follow in the NHL and especially not to play in our system.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Looking at his stats, he dominated the ahl, but never got the chance in the nhl. Only 22 nhl games and separated into 4 different seasons.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Didn't like him in the preseason but he's been tearing it up in the AHL. I just hope this means Deslauriers is off to waivers soon.

KingGallagherXI

Jul 10, 2009
True, but have you seen benn on our top pair with Petry? He gets caught sleeping and creates 2v1 chances for the opponents, Kulak needs to take over if he's playing very well offensively and defensively, we've been putting up with Alnzer, Benn, and others for far too long and it's a **** show Defense.

He had a bad game vs the Rangers IIRC but then again a lot of players did.

But Benn has had a lot more good games than bad games this year.

Reactions: Fixxer

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Looking at his stats, he dominated the ahl, but never got the chance in the nhl. Only 22 nhl games and separated into 4 different seasons.
There was a dude in the Caps system about a decade ago — I forget his name — who tore up the AHL but it never translated.

Some players can just kill it down there but can’t hack it in the NHL.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
he was the likely the best choice, no more Froese.
I don't care about the points. It's CLEAR that Chaput would be a best choice. Geez, I'd take McCarron. There are absolutely no depth in Laval at all.....but Agostino is absolutely nothing in the NHL. Geez, sign Belzile and bring him up.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't care about the points. It's CLEAR that Chaput would be a best choice. Geez, I'd take McCarron. There are absolutely no depth in Laval at all.....but Agostino is absolutely nothing in the NHL. Geez, sign Belzile and bring him up.

McCarron is injured, Chaput hasn't played that well, perhaps being a local he'd play better then Agostino but he should focus on being better in Laval if he wants to play for the Habs imo.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
he was invisible tonight

True, but he was also kind of like a defensive defenseman: that you don't notice him is a good thing.

I mean on the positive side he didn't make any glaring mistakes that cost us the game.

I want Scherbak in his spot, but although Scherbak imo is capable of creating offense, right now he's also capable of defensive lapses that can cost you a game.

Hopefully Scherbak can get healthy quick and steal his spot before the regulars come back from injury.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
i would have preferred to have a guy like Carr, who would have potted a few.

Hudon is amazing on the 4th line, him alone is carrying that line

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Similar to Chris Terry with us he likely won't amount to much in the NHL, but I like seeing productive AHL guys like those two get rewarded with a few NHL games and a NHL salary.

On the other hand, I want to throw up when we end up with guys like Darche playing in our top 6 or Froese playing regular minutes so hopefully he's back down when guys get healthy lol.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
he was the likely the best choice, no more Froese ever again please.
Well, maybe Froese isn't that bad. He actually scored "in practice" which led to Carey Price breaking his stick, last year. He had his presence felt... lol

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I was surprised that he gave a few body checks. I thought it might have been why HE was up, scoring in the AHL, but being able to play physical a bit. Ok, I'm not saying he is a grinder, but I thought he would not hit at all.
The most cringe-worthy moment though is when he fanned on a one-timer. I think he was on the PP. So, that kind of showed his "AHL" side, that he's no regular in the big league. Wasn't bad though.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He's basically been a non factor. He is working hard though, as you would expect from anyone in his position.

I guess the best thing I can say about him is that he hasn't been a liability either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad