The Cam Ward RAGE POST. Rage Against the Machine

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
That's rough. I think the freak athlete goalies do better in shootouts, and we all know that's not Cam's game.

Oh there's certainly some truth to that. It seems like the big guys and the athletic guys have the best success in the SO either because they take up so much of the effing net (Luongo, Rinne), or they can react faster (Thomas, Fleury). Cam's a positional goalie, as a result he's in a tough spot.

Still, the fact that we can't score ONE SO goal in either of the two SO losses that Cam took is outright disheartening. Nothing he can do differently there.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
I can't read throught 8 pages of this BS, so this may have been said.

I don't get the rage against Cam Ward. If he is overpaid, the "rage" should be directed at JR.

The other thing is that I would be much more likely to blame the goalie if the Canes were losing a bunch of 5-4 games. When your team can not score goals and is constantly in the league's bottom in average shots against, I'd have to say it's very simplistic to blame the goalie.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Well Cam has as many points as $6 million dollar man Jordan Staal, so as long as he's playing well enough in net to make up the 700k difference he's earning his contract:sarcasm:

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
there is nothing wrong with GDTs

the collective intelligence of our GDTs has dropped by about 50 points in the past two years, though, which makes the discussion within borderline Pejorative Slured when you consider where it was at before

I have also noticed something like this, although I thought I was imagining things. I hope that if it turns out the Canes continue their improved play this season, the discussion will get a little bit more sober.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Small nitpick, but just because this is bothering me, the AAV of his contract is 6.3, not 6.7. The going rate for top goalies is pretty much set at 7 mil, and I hesitate to think there are many goalies who would be doing better than Ward behind the defenses we've iced. Mike Smith, who is clearly a product of Sean Burke (cough Bryz cough) and Dave Tippett's system, just got a 5.7 mil/year deal, and we're complaining about 600k more for Cam? Obviously Cam has his faults, he's prone to cold streaks and soft goals at inopportune times, but how anyone can watch these first few games and decide Cam is our problem is beyond me. I'd be pointing the finger at our top line (Ruutu-Staal-Semin) we're spending over 20 million, yes a whole 1/3rd of our payroll, on this year. They've done damn near nothing outside of taking moronic, offensive-zone penalties. Hell, you could lump Jordan in there too and bump it up to 26 mil.

Like I said earlier in the thread, save the Cam hate for when he pulls another game like the Winnipeg one from last year, that's when he'll deserve it.

Edit: And Hank just continues to show why he's my favorite poster on these boards :laugh:

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
BREAKING NEWS: Sham Ward and Tim Gleason extort money from the Hurricanes to fund their overpriced wine business.

image3.jpg

image5.jpg

I suspect ties to the mafia based on these photos.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
We should be able to tell if khudo's career is over after his first period back.

bluedevil58*

Yes. I am in full rage mode now. Now he seems to not be able to stay healthy? What in the world is going on?!!

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
What perturbs me is they said Cam had a nagging injury going into the game (Forsuland after the injury happened I think.) so if that's the case, why play him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad