The Cam Ward RAGE POST. Rage Against the Machine

bluedevil58*

That's it! I am tired of defending this guy. Another game of 2 goals in on 8 shots. This is what we get for paying him 6.7m/year.

GP: 435
W: 214
L: 157
OTL: 49
GAA: 2.75?!!
SV%: .910

These are not 6.7m/year numbers. Not only is this guy killing us with his play but he is killing the team with this ridiculous contract. Goalies who makes 1.5m/year are putting up way better numbers than Ward. I am sick and tired of people defending him. At what point does this goalie need to be held accountable for his play and his contract? A 6.7m/year goalie should be a show stopper/game changer on a nightly basis or close to it. Cam does not make the big saves that we need him to make.

Is it a fair assessment to think that if this guy has another horrible year JR seriously needs to consider a trade or even a buyout? It is looking more and more like this goalie is not our future goalie to build a team around. I am sick and tired of the inconsistent play. Riding Gerber during the regular season and having 2 good post seasons does not warrant a 6.7m contact. What say you?!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So you crucify Ward for not showing up when the team needs it...but defend Eric because he puts up points?

:laugh:

Honest question: Eric scored against Phoenix. Do you think he had a good game?

bluedevil58*

After his defensive break down I am torn. I can't remember much of that game except for the pinch that he failed at which led to a goal.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
He's overrated and overpaid, but how about trying to ice an NHL defense for once? Fans got sold a bill of goods about garbage like Hainsey, Bellemore, Komisarek being some sort of "upgrade" because they are "defensive defensemen" and now it seems that it's Ward to blame when the defense fails miserably because they are "supposed" be good with a bunch of hardworking North American boys who HIT and BLOCK SHOTS.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
After his defensive break down I am torn. I can't remember much of that game except for the pinch that he failed at which led to a goal.

Exactly. 70 points a year is nice, but when he's often responsible for a goal or two against for every point earned, it doesn't mean much.

Even more so when the majority of his points come AFTER it's too late for the team to make the playoffs.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I find it super amusing that we have the Cam Ward rage post in a game that the Canes are likely to get shutout. Never change Canes board.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
jstaalwtf_zps55e391f5.png

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You do realize GAA is considered a team stat, yeah?

Hell, 2.75 is excellent for backing up a team that's spent more time in the basement than in the playoffs.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So which ones?

Last season, he was injured. The 4 seasons before, he maintained a .915 SV% or better while facing an abnormal number of shots against behind, again, a lottery team.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Save the Cam hate for when he Winnipegs another game and deserves it. I'd be thankful he kept us in position to earn the point tonight.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
In most losses, it's the team that lets Ward down, not the other way around.

I'm not defending him, I just direct most of my vitriol at the rest of the team for a typically poor effort before I turn on him.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
That's it! I am tired of defending this guy. Another game of 2 goals in on 8 shots. This is what we get for paying him 6.7m/year.

GP: 435
W: 214
L: 157
OTL: 49
GAA: 2.75?!!
SV%: .910

These are not 6.7m/year numbers. Not only is this guy killing us with his play but he is killing the team with this ridiculous contract. Goalies who makes 1.5m/year are putting up way better numbers than Ward. I am sick and tired of people defending him. At what point does this goalie need to be held accountable for his play and his contract? A 6.7m/year goalie should be a show stopper/game changer on a nightly basis or close to it. Cam does not make the big saves that we need him to make.

Is it a fair assessment to think that if this guy has another horrible year JR seriously needs to consider a trade or even a buyout? It is looking more and more like this goalie is not our future goalie to build a team around. I am sick and tired of the inconsistent play. Riding Gerber during the regular season and having 2 good post seasons does not warrant a 6.7m contact. What say you?!

i'm certainly not a cam defender, but this thread is ridiculous. there's no way the canes even sniff a point w/o ward tonight.

please read some of the criticisms here and take to heart before posting such nonsense...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad