The Call

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I respect the honesty. More than the Sharks fan here would ever admit. He should be happy it was called a major. It saved his team.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I can't believe the mainboards reaction to this, saying it's just another bad call, laughing it off because Vegas shouldn't have let up the 4 goals which of course they shouldn't have but that's not the point.

Even without context it's an awful, awful call and a black mark on the NHLs showcasing their biggest problem, they call the injuries not the plays. When it happens in a game 7 it's even worse. The fact that it decided the series does cement it as one of the worst calls of all time. But 4 goals or not it was awful and deserves ridicule.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Does anyone know the total number of penalties of each team in the series? I just know that 9 to 2 penalties in a game 7 in favor of the home team just seems a bit too much.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Does anyone know the total number of penalties of each team in the series? I just know that 9 to 2 penalties in a game 7 in favor of the home team just seems a bit too much.
I don't know the stats off the top of my head, and I don't care enough anymore to research.

However, I'm guessing the major penalty counted as 5 power plays since a major starts a new power play every time they score. So that major would have counted as the Sharks going 4/5 on the powerplay for the game if there were no other penalties called in their favor.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I don't know the stats off the top of my head, and I don't care enough anymore to research.

However, I'm guessing the major penalty counted as 5 power plays since a major starts a new power play every time they score. So that major would have counted as the Sharks going 4/5 on the powerplay for the game if there were no other penalties called in their favor.
Nice avatar. :nod:

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Before we (Las Vegas) got our own team, I was a loyal Avs fan from a week after Roy got traded to the Avs. I only watched olympic hockey up to that point and a friend from back home was visiting right when Roy got traded to the Avs and is a Habs fan and wanted to see the Roy play so we did a road trip. I think it was his 2nd or 3rd game with them and that road trip got me hooked on NHL hockey. So I'll be going to SJ to watch game 7. Look for the middle aged guy wearing an authentic KOHO (the Avs road jersey) Forsberg jersey which is my favorite jersey that I own. My girlfriend is really afraid of going into enemy territory so if anyone wants to take her place let me know as if I can find a replacement she would rather have someone else go. We can take turns driving my new car (this might be the best part of the trip) and you can get your own room.

I almost want to wear one of my VGK jerseys just to get people agitated although I'm sure it won't be easy hearing about losing game 7 to them.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I can't believe the mainboards reaction to this, saying it's just another bad call, laughing it off because Vegas shouldn't have let up the 4 goals which of course they shouldn't have but that's not the point.
I think that's because those of us who are over it are largely ignoring the salt mine that VGK haters have created there.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
And their announcers were saying the league was rigged against them for Vegas. Sham organization.

Reactions: HanSolo

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
That's what we thought about the Avs lol... But please do, would love to see a Blues Canes final. :thumbu:

I never thought the Avs stood a chance. I was surprised they took it as far as they did.

The Blues were my pick to come out of the West. I expect them to beat San Jose. They were actually the best team in the league since January.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
iu

Frauds are out.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well i am going back to not caring about hockey for a little bit. Just had to come and witness ref jose getting kicked out of the playoffs.

See you guys later.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I saw that the sharks Twitter account asking the blues to stop hitting their players in the head and I can't recall any teams Twitter account saying anything like that before. It was as if a typical sharks fan was running it. I saw blues fans posting replies of gifs showing the sharks hitting blues players in the knees, a slewfoot, and Burns hitting someone from behind then punching the downed player in the back of the head a few times for good measure in response that the nasty hits wasn't one sided.

Last edited:

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I saw that the sharks Twitter account asking the blues to stop hitting their players in the head and I can't recall any teams Twitter account saying anything like that before. It was as if a typical sharks fan was running it. I saw blues fans posting replies of gifs showing the sharks hitting blues players in the knees, a slewfoot, and Burns hitting someone from behind then punching the downed player in the back of the head a few times for good measure in response that the nasty hits wasn't one sided.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad