The Bruins' Mount Rushmore(and other teams)

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I do think Bergeron will be in this discussion eventually. No one has really defined the Bruins like he has in the 2000s, and the Bruins have had a good deal of success in that span.

I don't think four of Orr/Bourque/Shore/Espo/Schmidt will ever change. Just behind are Bucyk, Neely, Middleton, Cashman, O'Reilly... Then perhaps Bergy and Chara. Bergy definitely is the poster boy for the 2000s and 2010s for sure, though.

Mine would go Orr/Bourque/Shore/Schmidt.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Every O6 team makes it impossible to settle on 4.

Montreal
Rocket and Beliveau - then who????

Detroit
Howe, Sawchuk, Lindsay - how do you leave any of them off?

Toronto
So many excellent players when they were good but they have never had a franchise player like a Orr, Howe, Hull

Rangers
Much like Toronto

Chicago
Hull, Mikita, Kane and Towes???
(but Glenn Hall has to be there.....)

This is an impossible exercise

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Pre-Expansion: Shore, Schmidt, Orr and Bucyk

Post-Expansion: Bourque, Bergeron Chara and Thomas

Expansion was in 1967. Orr and Bucyk both played the majority of their B's careers post-expansion.

I like three of your four "post" guys, but I would not include Thomas. If I was forced to put a goalie in there, it would probably be Cheevers.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Expansion was in 1967. Orr and Bucyk both played the majority of their B's careers post-expansion.

I like three of your four "post" guys, but I would not include Thomas. If I was forced to put a goalie in there, it would probably be Cheevers.

On second thought yes Cheevers would be the better choice. It is just that Thomas had such a magical run that Cup season and was such a great story, so he really stands out in my mind.

Orr & Bucyk started their careers before 1967 that's why I included them there.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
On second thought yes Cheevers would be the better choice. It is just that Thomas had such a magical run that Cup season and was such a great story, so he really stands out in my mind.

Orr & Bucyk started their careers before 1967 that's why I included them there.

That's cool, I don't think there are any official rules to this game?

:laugh:

When I think of "modern era" guys, I include Orr and anyone else that played in the 70's in that category. When I think pre-expansion, guys like Shore, Brimsek, Schmidt, Clapper, Thompson come to mind even though they were pre-pre-pre expansion :D

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
I do think Bergeron will be in this discussion eventually. No one has really defined the Bruins like he has in the 2000s, and the Bruins have had a good deal of success in that span.

If so then you'd have to choose Chara also - but if you put Chara up there there's no room for anyone else :sarcasm:

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Thinking outside the box here cause I don't like boxes.

Barry Pederson.....this guy being traded has had more impact than could possibly be imagined on the Bruins and is still active with C Miller, Zboril, Kuraly, and Sharks 16 1st rounder.
PJ Stock......one of the most entertaining enforcers the had in 2002-2004. He was a cult favorite, how many other 4th line players had their own t-shirt line? PJ Stock crew forever!!
Gerry Cheevers....his mask scares me, plus he started the cool trend of decorating hockey masks. Where would we be without him?? Oh yea he won cups for the Bruins or something and was really a good goalie too
Rene Rancourt....The dude is an icon. Every time I hear his name I think of the Bruins. He needs more credit, plus he would really like the extra attention of a monument.

disfigured

Mar 29, 2003
Lowell MA
Given the town's reputation (perceived or not) and outside the box ;):

Lydon Byers
Jay Miller
Wensink
Jonathan

Honorable Mention: Nilan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut