Sportsnet: "The Bruins intend on loading up..."

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Doesnt matter anyways...they have ti get though the leafs this year and this is the year ....right ?????

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Thornton makes no sense. Their C-spine is completely set with Bergeron-Krejci-Coyle-Kuraly. They need 1 or 2 wingers with heavy preference being RW (Heinen and Bjork can play both sides, but it's ideal to get a natural RW).

Reactions: bbfan419

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Man, those guys better load up... They killed my parlay today! Other than the Canadiens, they’re the only team in the league to lose to Detroit more than once.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I think it would be cool if Boston thought outside the box and stacked up some futures and maybe a roster player and pulled a legit difference maker off of a non-basement team.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think it would be cool if Boston thought outside the box and stacked up some futures and maybe a roster player and pulled a legit difference maker off of a non-basement team.

I think there efforts to move Backes are exactly to try to do that. For anyone with term they need to either move Backes or walk away from Krug, and neither side wants the latter.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
ya hes a risk . not a power play guy or a good shot , or hard worker . lol u might not want to trade for him . but hes an elite quick strike weapon and power skater that if you can keep feeding him good passes from your own end is going to bbq all kinds of dmen . its amazing how great he looked last year to how down this year . seems like a moody type that needs the right coach and teammates . and hes ufa after 21/22 so you might have a possesed skater looking for a big contract
AA has zero interest in playing in his own zone. For a guy who will win 98% of races if he starts 3 steps behind he always wants to start 3 steps ahead. Even if he scores you 30 goal he will cost you 50. A 7 million dollar talent with a ten cent brain.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I'm not a Bruins fan or anything.
But I remember "No-Show-Joe" earned his rep with a 0-points in 7 games first round upset vs. Montreal.

That punched his ticket out of town, and cemented his legacy as a playoff choke artist.

Seems strange Boston would want him back for the playoffs, considering the terms in which he was shipped out, and his lack of success in the playoffs since.
What people don't remember about Thornton that series though is that he was playing with broken ribs and wearing a special protective jacket just to get on the ice, also had a fracture in his hand during the last game of the regular season. All that being said as a Bruins fan I do not want him back, let him finish his career in San Jose.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Imagine if Boston drafted Barzal (16) Connor (17) Chabot (18) in 2015 instead of Zbori (13)l Debrusk (14), Senyshyn, (15)

They wouldnt need to load up, they would be a dynasty.
Yep sitting on my couch those are the 3 players I would have taken and wanted, yet Sweeney gets paid big bucks and can't come up with what some fan can see who to draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad