Sportsnet: "The Bruins intend on loading up..."

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
My goodness how people are so defensive with this post. When I read this post I simply see that YES if the Bruins would have drafted those players that they may have had a dynasty in the making. It doesn’t mean that those three players would have developed so fast with Boston because they take there time bringing there rookie in like Thornton, Wheeler and Sequin just to name a few. So this was probably a blessing in disguise for pick 16, 17 and 18. But yes IMAGINE how suit it could have been. That’s all folk. No jabbing necessary in this post.

Imagine if Boston drafted Barzal (16) Connor (17) Chabot (18) in 2015 instead of Zbori (13)l Debrusk (14), Senyshyn, (15)

They wouldnt need to load up, they would be a dynasty.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Imagine if Boston drafted Barzal (16) Connor (17) Chabot (18) in 2015 instead of Zbori (13)l Debrusk (14), Senyshyn, (15)

Trust me it is soul crushing. And posters bring it up everyday in our thread.

back to Jumbo Joe. Would love him back here for one last kick of the can. I very much cried when the trade happened and this would bring things full circle for me. Even if he’s just mediocre.

Reactions: kthx

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I would be surprised if Jumbo were to waive his contract rights to return to the Bruins.

I remember him being surprised and bitter when he was traded to the Sharks -- feeling that he had been blamed for something or other. Maybe that's all gone away with the passage of time, but it's not like he hasn't been there before.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kovalchuk for a 2nd

Marleau + Thornton (50% retained) for a 1st

Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak
DeBrusk/Krejci/Kovalchuk
Marleau/Thornton/Coyle
X/X/X

That is a lethal top 9 with a ton of veterans with tons of experience, and in particular three guys who are all going to be super hungry for a cup. That is an incredibly responsible 3rd line, with tons of great PK/PP options.
I think Marleau, Thornton and Kovalchuk might run out of gas in an intense playoff run. The Bruins would be better off going for Kreider, who could be a real difference-maker in the playoffs playing behind the big line.

Reactions: BearsofBeantown

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
Kovalchuk for a 2nd

DeBrusk/Krejci/Kovalchuk
Marleau/Thornton/Coyle
X/X/X

That is a lethal top 9 with a ton of veterans with tons of experience, and in particular three guys who are all going to be super hungry for a cup. That is an incredibly responsible 3rd line, with tons of great PK/PP options.

Fair, but not sure I give up a 1st and 2nd for pure aging rentals. I mean Kovie could have been signed by the Bruins before the Habs, but there was hesitation and likely some remorse for not doing it given his performance in Montreal vs LA.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Kovalchuk for a 2nd

DeBrusk/Krejci/Kovalchuk
Marleau/Thornton/Coyle
X/X/X

I don’t see any scenario that marleau and Thornton returns a first. I’d be pissed if the bruins did

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Kreider...COME ON DOWN!

not sure why the blueshirts want to trade Kreider? Sure, he will command a hefty raise this summer. They guy is an awesome winger and playoff warrior. One would think the rangers could use a guy like that. Cap crunch? make room for him somehow. Move some assets. Anyway, easier said than done??? Maybe ranger fans can interject

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Kovalchuk for a 2nd

DeBrusk/Krejci/Kovalchuk
Marleau/Thornton/Coyle
X/X/X

That would piss me off as a fan.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
not sure why the blueshirts want to trade Kreider? Sure, he will command a hefty raise this summer. They guy is an awesome winger and playoff warrior. One would think the rangers could use a guy like that. Cap crunch? make room for him somehow. Move some assets. Anyway, easier said than done??? Maybe ranger fans can interject

Because giving him the type of deal he will probably wants (6-7 years at 7-7.5M) doesnt make sense on a team rebuilding. We arent going to trade top young players to keep around a 32 year old Kreider in 3 years who will no doubt be declining.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Who are they losing ? That's a lot of cap coming.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
The Bruins saw Marleau up close the last two playoffs...no thanks. He also isn't a RW which is what they need.

The Bruins don't have a spot for Thornton since he's not better than Bergeron, Krejci, or Coyle and they value Kuraly as their 4th line center. So unless SJ was going to give Joe away dirt cheap (late-round pick) and Joe was OK with being injury insurance in the press box most nights (unlikely), then it doesn't really make sense.

I was hoping the Bruins would sign Kovy for free since there was zero risk to doing so. I doubt a) Montreal would want to trade him to Boston & b) the Bruins would give up anything more than a mid-round pick.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Kreider is the perfect fit.

Kreider (50%)
For
Heinen, JFK, 1st

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Kreider-Krejci-Kuhlman
Debrusk-Coyle-Bjork
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner
Blidh

Good young strong fast line up

I also like the idea of signing him long term and playing him with Studnicka.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I would be surprised if Jumbo were to waive his contract rights to return to the Bruins.

I remember him being surprised and bitter when he was traded to the Sharks -- feeling that he had been blamed for something or other. Maybe that's all gone away with the passage of time, but it's not like he hasn't been there before.

Then again, if Joe want's to lift the cup before retirement...Bruins are a safer bet than Sharks right now.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Because giving him the type of deal he will probably wants (6-7 years at 7-7.5M) doesnt make sense on a team rebuilding. We arent going to trade top young players to keep around a 32 year old Kreider in 3 years who will no doubt be declining.

Thanks, but Kravtsov, Kakko and Chytil and whomever don't strike fear into the NHL now like Krieder does blazing down that wing. Kreider looks like a freak that can be very effective the next 3 or more years. Who knows if the magic beans go their way with draft picks panning out in 3 years. With the additions of Panarin, Trouba, Fox and drafting the 2nd overall last year I assumed the ranger brass were going all in and expediting their rebuild. Someone is going to get a heck of a winger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad