Sportsnet: "The Bruins intend on loading up..."

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Not sure how reliable Eric Engels is. Habs fans would know better. Regardless, he mentioned this in his most recent article...

The Bruins intend on loading up for a second consecutive run to the Stanley Cup Final. Kovalchuk is a player they’re watching closely. He’s not the only one, obviously. New York Rangers forward Chris Kreider is on their radar, and they’re also doing diligence on San Jose Sharks captain Joe Thornton and, to a lesser extent, his teammate, Patrick Marleau.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They will definitely make a move or two. In first place now and will not want that to change as I think home ice could be important for them if they want to get back to the finals again. I think they will be aggressive. Bergeron and Marchand arent getting any younger and I believe another goal scorer for them up front could put them over the top.

Reactions: bbfan419

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Thornton back to Boston and they win a cup would be some poetic end to a great career. As much as I wouldn't want Boston to win, I'd be rooting to see that happen.
I'm not a Bruins fan or anything.
But I remember "No-Show-Joe" earned his rep with a 0-points in 7 games first round upset vs. Montreal.

That punched his ticket out of town, and cemented his legacy as a playoff choke artist.

Seems strange Boston would want him back for the playoffs, considering the terms in which he was shipped out, and his lack of success in the playoffs since.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
makes sense, the core of Chara, Bergeron, even Tukka and Marchand are past-peak now or soon
obvi some great youth Pasta, McAvoy, Debrusk, etc
but adding some productive vet depth is smart readiness for the 2 month playoffs slog

Reactions: bernmeister

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
God dam...the Leafs are struggling to get in...and even if they do, they will probably have to run through a current great team in Boston after "loading up"...oh happy days....:help::ha:

Reactions: Altimus

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
Not sure how reliable Eric Engels is. Habs fans would know better. Regardless, he mentioned this in his most recent article...

It would be nice to see Jumbo Joe land back with the Bruins and for him to win.....however, not sure that's what they need. We need wingers - sure if Joe can be had for nothing but a late round pick add him....Marleau can stay in SJ. My guess if they were smart, you add a 3rd line depth forward and perhaps Tyler Toffoli/Kovie/Palmieri to play RW on the 2nd line.

Reactions: BHD

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I think Staal would once again be a nice fit. He’s still very productive. You have to think Guerin would listen if Bruins can offer up a late 1st with a small add.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
now add up their new cap hits and realize this hindsight talk is pure unrealistic garbage.

uh not really. Im pretty sure you'd keep those guys and the cap would be effected by the weaker players and bottom 6 players.

youre basically saying you cant draft too good because of cap?

what level of success would the Bruins have had when they were on ELC's?

trade them for assets..etc

its not far fetched at all to think that if 2015 went differently in drafting then the Bruins could be a dynasty

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Jumbo and Marleau to Boston would be fun to watch. Marleau still has his wheels and jumbo can hold his own. Throw in Dillon too.

Give us sharks fans a team to cheer for in the playoffs this year.

Reactions: DFBRUINS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad