Online Series: The Boys on Amazon

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Over all I liked it. But uneven at times.

But i like how they found some balance to the sups.

I think a key 0lot to season 2 will be the sex was consensual and more than once

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Watched the first two episodes last night and will probably finish the series by the start of next week.

I think it would've been better if they saved the "Homelander is ALSO actually a piece of crap" thing until later in the season. Could've peppered hints throughout the episodes that he's actually a turd.

Pugs35

Jul 11, 2006
PA
Just finished it. Really good stuff - as someone who knew nothing about the comic going in I was blown away. It was just really well done top to bottom IMO.

The way Homelander is always teetering right on that edge is wild. Really makes it seem like he'll do anything at any point.

And yeah I guess the baby is just dead? Which I figured Homelander would do eventually but didn't expect him to kill Madelyn until right before it went down.

The only thing I didn't like that much was turning the Deep into a bit of a joke as the season went on.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Over all I liked it. But uneven at times.

But i like how they found some balance to the sups.

I think a key 0lot to season 2 will be the sex was consensual and more than once

That was already clear from the security cam footage and Homelander's commentary, including that it was one time and she disappeared after that/later.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I started watching this last week, thanks to HFBoards. I really liked season 1 and I'm glad I came across this thread. Thanks OP!

I had to check out the wiki for Black Noir because I wasn't really sure what his powers were other than just being a strong SOB. Apparently he is like a ninja with heightened senses and strength, in case anybody else was in the same boat as me. Also, I didn't know that "noir" was french for "black", haha.

Have one question...

How did Butcher know Hughie was in danger when he crashed into the store to fight Translucent? It's almost like he just figured the whole bug thing was going to fail from the beginning, or was he just stalking outside the store and saw something was up already?

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
I started watching this last week, thanks to HFBoards. I really liked season 1 and I'm glad I came across this thread. Thanks OP!

I had to check out the wiki for Black Noir because I wasn't really sure what his powers were other than just being a strong SOB. Apparently he is like a ninja with heightened senses and strength, in case anybody else was in the same boat as me. Also, I didn't know that "noir" was french for "black", haha.

Have one question...

How did Butcher know Hughie was in danger when he crashed into the store to fight Translucent? It's almost like he just figured the whole bug thing was going to fail from the beginning, or was he just stalking outside the store and saw something was up already?

Well, Translucent was carrying the bug with him so Butcher would have heard him from the time he found the bug to the moment he entered the store. Probably knew Translucent was going to show up the entire time.

Reactions: Em etah Eh

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I think Homelander is now my favourite superhero.
This series is the perfect antidote to Marvel’s overproduced team-up megamovies. First Preacher, now The Boys, soon Y: The Last Man...keep ‘em coming, studios!

Reactions: the squared circle

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
This show is incredible. I have just the final episode left to finish but this show had me hooked almost immediately. Crazy how the first 5-10 minutes really sets the tone for the entire season.

Reactions: David71

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
This is an amazing series, and the show runners were really, really, really good at red hearings and reveals, holy crap. Can't wait for season 2.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I finished up a rewatch yesterday, and a couple of things stood out.

Antony Starr is effin' magnificent as Homelander. Just creepy AF.

And I also noticed that what seemed like 95 percent of the time Starlight is on screen, they film her from her left side. Very peculiar. Maybe its the weed, but if anyone else notices this let me know so I don't feel like such a weirdo.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I finished up a rewatch yesterday, and a couple of things stood out.

Antony Starr is effin' magnificent as Homelander. Just creepy AF.

And I also noticed that what seemed like 95 percent of the time Starlight is on screen, they film her from her left side. Very peculiar. Maybe its the weed, but if anyone else notices this let me know so I don't feel like such a weirdo.
She's a Two-Face!:eek:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I don't really like the interactions between Hughie and Starlight. They feel out of place in such a sardonic show. They would fit in just about any generic teen drama.

Overall it's a great show though. Really fun premise. Karl Urban is awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad