The Blues are starting to look like contenders.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This thread again. Just like last year and the year before and the year before that and etc. etc. etc.

YAWN Blues fans give it a rest :shakehead

Regular season gems again this year i wonder which team will make quick work of them in the first round?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Even though the Blues lost to the world's most boring roster ever assembled last night, they looked like the superior team the entire night. The Blues have looked great beating everyone worth a damn in their conference so far and the only team to worry about that they've lost to was Tampa by a score of 2-1. Jake Allen looks like a legitimate starter.

Can we talk about them please? They could go pretty far this year. Once they've got their 3rd line situation solved, this is a great team that will only improve next year. Jordan Kyrou, Klim Kostin, Robert Thomas, and Tage Thompson are all players that could be impact players next year.

also they're gonna beat Toronto tomorrow

That’s a nice collection of young players you mention. They probably go as far as ALLEN carries them in the playoffs. They will be For You Blue.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
I will also add that their goaltending held them back the last few years but it seems like Allen has found another level starting with last years playoffs. He looks like he has figured it out.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Oh hey, you want to talk about the Blues? You know there's a subforum dedicated to that, right? Keep it there, because as your fellow Blues fans said, this NEVER goes well. Its been 1 month and the Blues don't look like a dumpster fire, Yay. This isn't some amazing achievement.

Also after Toronto clown pounds the Blues tomorrow and there is a thread about it.........i wonder who we can thank

Last edited:

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
the blues might be tenders. PRE-tenders.

if they were serious tenders, i'd have to find another team to root for. I'ma go get some chicken tenders, come one, come all.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues are contenders every year, the problem is, they got beat by better teams in the playoffs. The Hawks and Kings were better teams those few years. The Blues have a great team and great young players on the way. They’ll be contenders for many more years. Can I have 1 cup in my lifetime? Just 1? I’m not greedy.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I've got something to tell you, and you might want to sit down for this...
Matthew-McConaughey.gif

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Blues "look like contenders" literally every year. Then playoffs come around and they poof away.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
When did they not look like contenders 2016 should have shed all doubt about them already and I hate them. They had the unfortunate luck of running into peak LA and Chi from 2012-14. Only real year I feel they "choked" was 2015 losing to Minny they didnt even plan on making the playoffs last year from what it seemed with trading Shattenkirk and friends

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Blues "look like contenders" literally every year. Then playoffs come around and they poof away.

2015-16 season: Western Conference Finals
2016-2017: 2nd Round of Playoffs

Both times beaten by the team that went to the finals that year. How many teams have been that good over the past two seasons? They're few and far between.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Blues lead the league in score adjusted fenwick for % in close situations. Is that good?

Last edited:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
2015-16 season: Western Conference Finals
2016-2017: 2nd Round of Playoffs

Both times beaten by the team that went to the finals that year. How many teams have been that good over the past two seasons? They're few and far between.

In the past two years 14 teams have been beaten by a team that went to the finals. Not sure I'd be using that as some sort of barometer for success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad