The Blues are starting to look like contenders.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Even though the Blues lost to the world's most boring roster ever assembled last night, they looked like the superior team the entire night. The Blues have looked great beating everyone worth a damn in their conference so far and the only team to worry about that they've lost to was Tampa by a score of 2-1. Jake Allen looks like a legitimate starter.

Can we talk about them please? They could go pretty far this year. Once they've got their 3rd line situation solved, this is a great team that will only improve next year. Jordan Kyrou, Klim Kostin, Robert Thomas, and Tage Thompson are all players that could be impact players next year.

also they're gonna beat Toronto tomorrow

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
People have said they could go pretty far pretty much every year.

They just don't.

They remind me of the Caps in the East.

Nothing left to prove in the regular season.

Sadly true.. They did look really good against my Kings, but I'll believe them when they make it to the finals.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Even though the Blues lost to the world's most boring roster ever assembled last night, they looked like the superior team the entire night. The Blues have looked great beating everyone worth a damn in their conference so far and the only team to worry about that they've lost to was Tampa by a score of 2-1. Jake Allen looks like a legitimate starter.

Can we talk about them please? They could go pretty far this year. Once they've got their 3rd line situation solved, this is a great team that will only improve next year. Jordan Kyrou, Klim Kostin, Robert Thomas, and Tage Thompson are all players that could be impact players next year.

The Blues need to prove it in the playoffs - I couldn't care less about how they look in the regular season anymore.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
takes some special kind of hubris to make this thread before the 1st round of the playoffs

Bigger hubris than all the Canadian teams talking about contending that have barely sniffed the playoffs?

And the Blues have been just about as good as any other team in the Playoffs, the only teams that have beat them the last two years have gone to the Finals.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I figured they would be a playoff team once again but not this good. Theyve had some bad injury luck too.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The Blues just need an inkling more skill and creativity.
Someone like a Vadim Shipachyov on their third line would put them over the top. They can shelter him and the Blues have plenty of Russian-speakers.
----

To STL:
Ship

To LAS VEGAS:
3rd Round Pick 2018

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
The Blues just need an inkling more skill and creativity.
Someone like a Vadim Shipachyov on their third line would put them over the top. They can shelter him and the Blues have plenty of Russian-speakers.
----

To STL:
Ship

To LAS VEGAS:
3rd Round Pick 2018

We can not afford Ship without a contract going back

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Yeo is their coach. I'm eager to see how this team is doing in January and February.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Blues are killing it in the regular season....just like they always do.

We’ve seen this before. We have to prove it in the postseason or it won’t matter

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs

Whoah! Slow down there Panger, lets talk later in the season, the Blues are really good at disappointing fans.

Thanks for this thread, I now know that I can skip the next three games that are for sure going to be a losing streak thanks to this Jinx thread.

You said it, I guess I have free time during those games now. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad