Confirmed with Link: The Blash is Back, Bylsma is gone

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Gniwder was very steadfast in his belief that the hire should be a guy who walked the walk, not just talked the talk.

I get his logic; who better to fix a team’s offensive woes than a guy who was a guy that fixed offensive woes as a player. I don’t think it HAS to be a great offensive player, but I don’t think it should be viewed as a negative at all if he was.
This is a team that has issues with fundamental skills like passing, receiving a pass, and shooting. If you watch a good team, like the Caps as an example, when the pass is in someone's skates the player will kick that puck up to his stick almost without breaking stride. With this team, it winds up as a turnover. That's the kind of stuff a guy like Tanguay can work on. What is Blash going to do with a pass to the skates? Teach them how to butterfly?

Who do you want working with Seider on his slapshot, Tanguay or Blash?
Zadina has lost some confidence in his shooting, who's better to fix that Tanguay or Blash?
Raz can't shoot at all, is Blash gonna teach him how to shoot?
Joey, Berggren, Raymond, etc, etc

Coaches that are tactical guys tend to do better with veteran teams that already have skills. Babs, Torts, Trotz, Hitchcock, etc. They don't have the ability to develop youngsters and rely heavily on veterans even if they don't have skill.

Tanguay is the kind of assistant coach we need, the hire looks good in concept. It's definitely what I was pushing for, along with canning Disco. I'm happy with the choice, I hope it works out.

Last edited:
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
This is a team that has issues with fundamental skills like passing, receiving a pass, and shooting. If you watch a good team, like the Caps as an example, when the pass is in someone's skates the player will kick that puck up to his skates almost without breaking stride. With this team, it winds up as a turnover. That's the kind of stuff a guy like Tanguay can work on. What is Blash going to do with a pass to the skates? Teach them how to butterfly?

Who do you want working with Seider on his slapshot, Tanguay or Blash?
Zadina has lost some confidence in his shooting, who's better to fix that Tanguay or Blash?
Raz can't shoot at all, is Blash gonna teach him how to shoot?
Joey, Berggren, Raymond, etc, etc

Coaches that are tactical guys tend to do with veteran teams that already have skills. Babs, Torts, Trotz, Hitchcock, etc. They don't have the ability to develop youngsters and rely heavily on veterans even if they don't have skill.

Tanguay is the kind of assistant coach we need, the hire looks good in concept. It's definitely what I was pushing for, along with canning Disco. I'm happy with the choice, I hope it works out.

Yes its a upgrade over Disco so its a plus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad