Confirmed with Link: The Blash is Back, Bylsma is gone

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
At some point we should have a HoF of retired topics. Hossa/Franzen, Holland, Blashill, XO vs Sproul vs Marchenko...
Two nominations for the deadest of dead horses:

Least Favorite Acquisition (Krupp, Legwand, Clearly Part Deux, Samuelson Part Deux, Tootoo, Zidlicky, etc)

and my personal favorite...

When the Rebuild Should Have Started

Reactions: Winger98

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I expect that Blashill will, regardless of whether or not he is res-signed, be debated on this board for some time.

Good luck, Jeff.
The subject will die when the team is good again. Fans rarely discuss the rebuild coach once they're in the playoffs. 5 years from now, it won't matter who coached this season, the team was gonna suck anyways.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I think we should have a hall of best gameday thread gifs.

giphy-downsized.gif

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Given that they are keeping him through the end of year interviews the chances of them parting ways seems less likely.
Likely a true statement. But has there been an actual end of year interview (yet)?

I think SY is weighing his options & buying time, while waiting on potential candidates @ seasons end/once the playoffs finish....Lambert? NYR have interest in Gallant apparently. SY may also wanna see what his roster looks like after 1-2 weeks into FA & then decide the right coach/fit for that particular roster. Just my guesses.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Likely a true statement. But has there been an actual end of year interview (yet)?

I think SY is weighing his options & buying time, while waiting on potential candidates @ seasons end/once the playoffs finish....Lambert? NYR have interest in Gallant apparently. SY may also wanna see what his roster looks like after 1-2 weeks into FA & then decide the right coach/fit for that particular roster. Just my guesses.

I don't see Yzerman letting Blash twist in the wind for that long. He will make his decision before the draft for sure, and I would bet in the next couple weeks more than likely. As for end of year interviews, they almost always happen soon after the season ends so the players can enjoy the off season.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I remember reading rumours somewhere that they like Blash and were considering offering him another position inside the organisation to keep him around but one where he wouldnt be coaching anymore. I would think if the plan was to just have him coach again there would have been an announcement by now or something?

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Given that they are keeping him through the end of year interviews the chances of them parting ways seems less likely.

If they really wanted him back what's the hold up? I'd seriously doubt Blashill would be playing hardball with any potential contract negotiations. In 2019 they resigned Blash to his extension before the season even ended so it would seem a delay this time is Yzerman considering a possible change

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I remember reading rumours somewhere that they like Blash and were considering offering him another position inside the organisation to keep him around but one where he wouldnt be coaching anymore. I would think if the plan was to just have him coach again there would have been an announcement by now or something?

What's the word on the street in Grand Rapids? Is Coach Simon coming back? I could see Blashill going down to GR and coaching at that level again. I just don't see him ever as an NHL coach again after his tenure here, though.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If they really wanted him back what's the hold up? I'd seriously doubt Blashill would be playing hardball with any potential contract negotiations. In 2019 they resigned Blash to his extension before the season even ended so it would seem a delay this time is Yzerman considering a possible change

A better question would be if you have that much to think about whether or not you are going to make a change, why would you bring the coach back? It would be obvious that you don't have interest in bringing him back, at which point you would make the announcement quickly the same way that Columbus, Arizona, New York have done.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
A better question would be if you have that much to think about whether or not you are going to make a change, why would you bring the coach back? It would be obvious that you don't have interest in bringing him back, at which point you would make the announcement quickly the same way that Columbus, Arizona, New York have done.

I'm thinking Yzerman wants to talk to some coaches he can't speak with yet but he'd still be interested in bringing Blash back if those options don't work out, but until then Blash is free to pursue other options if he chooses. Or like people above mentioned, they might desire bringing him back but in a different role within the organization

Reactions: golffuul

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad