TV: The Blacklist

Shameus

Jul 1, 2004
Middle of a Migraine
My wife and I have a running bet on how long it takes a character to get kidnapped each week. Every week at least one or more characters gets kidnapped/captured in every episode it seems.

Liz, Resler, Samar in post Super Bowl episode
Liz in the second part of the Super Bowl 2 parter
Liz and Resler in the Uzbekistan episode
Resler and then Liz by the Cult kids.
Liz in the deer hunter episode

It really is getting tedious.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
My wife and I have a running bet on how long it takes a character to get kidnapped each week. Every week at least one or more characters gets kidnapped/captured in every episode it seems.

Liz, Resler, Samar in post Super Bowl episode
Liz in the second part of the Super Bowl 2 parter
Liz and Resler in the Uzbekistan episode
Resler and then Liz by the Cult kids.
Liz in the deer hunter episode

It really is getting tedious.

:laugh: There was another abduction. But I don't care, love this show. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I just watched the Tom episode and wow... i can't believe no movement in this thread. That was by far the best episode in a long long time.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Last week's? I agree. The guy playing the judge was terrific. Unfortunately, it followed one of the worst episodes of a scripted TV show I've ever seen (the quasi-clip show).

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Last week's? I agree. The guy playing the judge was terrific. Unfortunately, it followed one of the worst episodes of a scripted TV show I've ever seen (the quasi-clip show).

Yeah, the actor was an olde fave from The X-Files (Michael Kritchgau).

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Holy ****... that was an epic ending.

I don't think this show has been bad in any way. It's similar to Person of Interest where it's going too slow. BUT.. the shows and the build are ****ing awesome. :yo:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That "hour" took about 10 minutes to watch. I was in love with it.

I wish this thread was lively. This show is terrific and I love every second of it. Answers left and right to questions all season.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Agent Samar Navabi actually had me going. Was so pissed when I thought Dembe had died, he's my favourite character.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
See - I'm indifferent about the series. I loved the first season, but it seems to keep coming to the same tedious themes.

1. What happened to Agent Keene's Parents, and is Redington her father?
2. Redington gives the FBI a lead, yet always leaves about 1/2 of the important information out.
3. Ressler will always get hurt, whether it be broken leg, blown up, or nailed in the head.

Last night's episode wasn't bad, but last week's 'Quon Zhang' was just boring.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lights out finale. I was expecting some regular stuff and some answers. That finale left me wanting a Season 3. I'm very excited to see where it goes.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I don't even know where they go from here but I mean that in a good way. Looking forward to the next season!

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't even know where they go from here but I mean that in a good way. Looking forward to the next season!

Kind of strange reference to make here, but it was almost a turn like Person of Interest. Now it looks like it will be an internal war between good/evil on the homefront instead of taking down Red's list.

The good: The whole next season will be dedicated to this and they keep their audience on their toes. There was no way in hell I saw the set up or the whole ending.

The bad: PoI lost viewership because it was hard to follow if you didn't watch every single episode. I could see Blacklist going down that road. The loss of everyday viewers is fine... it happens. Just hope the network understands why.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
See - I'm indifferent about the series. I loved the first season, but it seems to keep coming to the same tedious themes.

1. What happened to Agent Keene's Parents, and is Redington her father?
2. Redington gives the FBI a lead, yet always leaves about 1/2 of the important information out.
3. Ressler will always get hurt, whether it be broken leg, blown up, or nailed in the head.

Last night's episode wasn't bad, but last week's 'Quon Zhang' was just boring.
This is pretty much the main reason why I stopped watching the show. Feels like a soap opera at times with how long storylines get dragged out. 44 episodes in and they still haven't settled this? The little clue they get once every 6 or 7 episodes keeps the audience wondering while they go focus on different stories.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
This is pretty much the main reason why I stopped watching the show. Feels like a soap opera at times with how long storylines get dragged out. 44 episodes in and they still haven't settled this? The little clue they get once every 6 or 7 episodes keeps the audience wondering while they go focus on different stories.[/QUOTE

Glad I'm not the only one. This was the only show my wife and I made sure we were home to watch. Season 1 was awesome and halfway through season 2 we both bailed. I found myself having to "work" to watch every episode this year and after working all day I didn't want to come home and do it some more. I will probably try and catch up and try again next season though. Red is a great character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad