TV: The Blacklist

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Anyone still watch this show? Lot more negativity in here than I would've thought. The show is phenomenal IMO. Sure it's slipped a bit, but I appreciate a slow reveal. If we find everything out by season 3 there's no more show.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What a wonderful tribute to Clark Middleton at the end of the episode. Bravo. Even the character died of West Nile virus.

Clark-Middleton-as-Glen-Carter-The-Blacklist.jpg

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Anyone still watch this show? Lot more negativity in here than I would've thought. The show is phenomenal IMO. Sure it's slipped a bit, but I appreciate a slow reveal. If we find everything out by season 3 there's no more show.

I enjoy the show and it’s a lot better binge watching than I imagine waiting week to week but some of the writing choices for Liz just anger me

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
What a wonderful tribute to Clark Middleton at the end of the episode. Bravo. Even the character died of West Nile virus.

Clark-Middleton-as-Glen-Carter-The-Blacklist.jpg
That really was a phenomenal tribute. The Huey Lewis stuff was a really nice touch but that dynamic with Glen and Red even without Glen there was captured so we'll. And Red's speech at the end was unbelievable, you felt every single word.
I enjoy the show and it’s a lot better binge watching than I imagine waiting week to week but some of the writing choices for Liz just anger me
It's a lot better binge watching for sure. Waiting an entire week especially when the episode is mediocre is disappointing. Not sure if you're current with the show but the angle they've taken Liz this season is absolutely awful.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I watched the show religiously (and was a big fan) until it dawned on me they were going The X-Files or LOST route where the showrunner proves they never intend to provide any reliable answers and instead keep pulling back the rug and saying gotcha! At some point in a show's history twists and turns become aggravating and that's the stage The Blacklist is at (long past really). The decision is of course money based with a desire to bleed the product dry rather than provide any semblance of an acceptable/logical lead-up to a meaningful conclusion. We're just left with a corpse.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I watched the show religiously (and was a big fan) until it dawned on me they were going The X-Files or LOST route where the showrunner proves they never intend to provide any reliable answers and instead keep pulling back the rug and saying gotcha! At some point in a show's history twists and turns become aggravating and that's the stage The Blacklist is at (long past really). The decision is of course money based with a desire to bleed the product dry rather than provide any semblance of an acceptable/logical lead-up to a meaningful conclusion. We're just left with a corpse.
The show lost me around the time we learned that the real Raymond Reddington was dead and that the one we know was a Russian agent with plastic surgery.

I used to really enjoy the show before that.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The show lost me around the time we learned that the real Raymond Reddington was dead and that the one we know was a Russian agent with plastic surgery.

I used to really enjoy the show before that.
I have casually watched the series from season 2-3 on and it always felt like there was a lot of filler because the show was moderately successful, so they just kept punting answers down the road.

It is pretty clear to me now that
the current Raymond Reddington is Liz's mother, who used the death of the real Reddington to hide herself
which actually makes for a good twist, if true.

It just took too long to get there, especially because the major secrets weren't revealed before Megan Boone left the show.

Reactions: BGDDYKWL

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I don't think it's even possible at this point that Red isn't Katarina. HOW do you build that unbelievable twist and not set up the payoff where Liz finally comes to the realization?

Even if they did it just as she was dying that would've been fine. Just a look comes over her face during the flashbacks where it dawns on her. Her face is pure disbelief and then she smiles and leans in for a hug as she dies.

This entire show has been built on the premise of Liz wanting to know Red's identity. With Liz gone that mystery loses its luster. Who really cares at this point? This was a fail of epic proportions. SO disappointing. I honestly don't know how writers screw this stuff up THIS badly.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Been looking for somewhere to talk about this show. Favorite seasons 1-3. Just finished season 8 after rewatching the rest. Kinda glad Liz is gone last few seasons she has been unbearable. Believing random people over red.

if Red turns out to be katarina idk how I will feel about it and also dont know the direction will go now.

Townsend is dead. Liz is dead. Dude who killed Liz is dead.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I was disappointed with how they wrapped Liz's character, but the finale absolutely blew that away. Might be the worst finale I've ever seen. I don't wanna give anything away but you'd honestly think the writers were playing a joke on the audience. SO bad.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I was disappointed with how they wrapped Liz's character, but the finale absolutely blew that away. Might be the worst finale I've ever seen. I don't wanna give anything away but you'd honestly think the writers were playing a joke on the audience. SO bad.
Never saw a show give up and just stop trying to this extent before. Really enjoyed the show the first few seasons but my lord did it become awful.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Never saw a show give up and just stop trying to this extent before. Really enjoyed the show the first few seasons but my lord did it become awful.
If you think it got bad in the later seasons you wouldn't even be able to articulate how bad the finale was. Incredible storyline, Red was developed into an iconic character, so many directions you could've taken the finale, Red's farewell, etc. And instead,

You have him randomly gored by a f'ing bull walking in an open field. Red being abducted by aliens MAYBE would've been the only thing more silly/ridiculous.

I gave it up when Tom was out of the picture.
Definitely slipped from there, then even further when Liz battled Red, that season was rough. Slipped even further without Liz.

Tom's final episode with the Disturbed Sound of Silence rendition playing at the end was really good.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Have been rewatching this, because it for the most part was a great show, though really fell of a cliff after Tom died, and then I quickly grew tired of Elizabeth making every possibly worst decision and making thing worse. That said I really liked Solomans character, I think a spinoff with him could have been alot of fun.

whitez

Jul 8, 2023
I just started watching it on soaptoday, not bad at all! I like watching tv shows and I'm glad that I found this online platform with various movies and tv shows on every taste. Every day there are newly released movies and new episodes of TV shows in HD quality. So convy. All of them are available for free without registration.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad