Prospect Info: The Big Mac Thread - Part 2 - Extra Bacon Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I want them to take as much time as possible with him. Don't rush him, he's got a lot to learn and grown into his body

I agree with not rushing him but honestly from what I saw back in July at training camp... he can jump into the NHL right now.

He has the size, obviously and the speed to be able to jump in right away.

Maybe not make an offensive contribution but he can keep up with the game and play anywhere in the line up. Plus he is a big body presence in front of the net. ]

Guaranteed McCarron is the type of player that will have more success and growth playing in the NHL over the AHL

On a top team it fits more 3rd line than second.

I wouldn't say he has great hands. Great hands is Pat Kane. can stickhandle through 3 guys, Sekac can't do that.

He does have a great skating stride and uses his size and reach well.

Worst case he should be a solid 3rd liner...best case he can be a high end 2nd liner. The offensive creativity has been missing so far, that's the part needed to be a 2nd liner.

His game is very similar to Weise right now, would you call Weise a 2nd liner? He fills in ok with Pacioretty-Desharnais/Plekanec, but to me that's not his long term spot. Weise to me is an average to good 3rd liner.

McCarron is also 4 inches taller then Weise and has better offensive flair IMO.

I think he will turn out to be what Weise could have been with better offence.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I agree with not rushing him but honestly from what I saw back in July at training camp... he can jump into the NHL right now.

He has the size, obviously and the speed to be able to jump in right away.

Maybe not make an offensive contribution but he can keep up with the game and play anywhere in the line up. Plus he is a big body presence in front of the net. ]

Guaranteed McCarron is the type of player that will have more success and growth playing in the NHL over the AHL

McCarron is also 4 inches taller then Weise and has better offensive flair IMO.

I think he will turn out to be what Weise could have been with better offence.

Actually, I think McCarron will end up being a star along the lines of John Leclair.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
at the very least he could be a weise type, that could play on any line but more physical

I think he will be better than Weise. I don't really understand people who say he is already a flop. I liked what I've seen of him at the camp this year. He improved so much this year at junior level it's crazy.

He will never be a guy with lot of skills but so is Chara. At this size he just need basic skills his body will do the rest.

I see him as a 20-25 goals 40-50 points winger with a big body able to step up his game when the playoffs come. This is worth gold.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
It's okay for a first round pick to struggle in the NHL but if a young player struggles in the OHL they are an unfixable bust. Just ask Jiri Sekac.

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It's okay for a first round pick to struggle in the NHL but if a young player struggles in the OHL they are an unfixable bust. Just ask Jiri Sekac.

lol. to be fair it was a pretty dismal 1st year, even though I was a fan and thought he'd get better (*pats own back). I just saw too much good in that 1st pre-season of his to write him off. Plus, I was already counting on the big man=patience thing.

But yeah some people on here get an idea in their heads and they won't let go of it for nothing.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Galchenyuk-McCarron-Sherback. I said it first. I know you guys are rolling your eyes but in 3-4 years this will be one of the best first line of the league, and you will be digging this post and be in awe of my prediction. Gally-Sherback will provide the scoring, and McCarron will bring the headaches.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
lol. to be fair it was a pretty dismal 1st year, even though I was a fan and thought he'd get better (*pats own back). I just saw too much good in that 1st pre-season of his to write him off. Plus, I was already counting on the big man=patience thing.

But yeah some people on here get an idea in their heads and they won't let go of it for nothing.

Look at Lucic's first year. I didn't think it was dismal at all, he played minimal minutes on the third and fourth lines, and adjusted to the game. the second half of the season he did very well.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Their PP is ridiculous Dal Colle is taking shots while Smith (6'7) and McCarron (6'6) screen the goalie.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Galchenyuk-McCarron-Sherback. I said it first. I know you guys are rolling your eyes but in 3-4 years this will be one of the best first line of the league, and you will be digging this post and be in awe of my prediction. Gally-Sherback will provide the scoring, and McCarron will bring the headaches.

Ok, 2 things...first off Gally is not Galchenyuk, Gally is Gallagher, Chuckie is Galchenyuk

Second, that line ain't happening, Galchenyuk is gonna be center with Gallagher on his right...on his left is where it becomes tricky, personally, I'd like to see Evander Kane there, but if you had to go in house, then it's Patches...unless they convert Sherbak to the left side, but I don't know if that would work

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Ok, 2 things...first off Gally is not Galchenyuk, Gally is Gallagher, Chuckie is Galchenyuk

Second, that line ain't happening, Galchenyuk is gonna be center with Gallagher on his right...on his left is where it becomes tricky, personally, I'd like to see Evander Kane there, but if you had to go in house, then it's Patches...unless they convert Sherbak to the left side, but I don't know if that would work

Relax buddy. A lot of people still reflexively call Galchenyuk Gally. Heck you might even hear him called that on TSN.

Secondly to heck with Kane, don't want him anywhere near the Habs. Him, his tracksuit, his cash-phones, his YMCMB haircut, his declining numbers and me-first attitude wouldn't fit in Marc Bergevin's character first team.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013

So many things wrong with that post. It's not Chuckie it's Chucky. You know like in the movie?

Evander Kane? Really? :facepalm:

I'm all about done here, Galchenyuk-McCarron-Sherback could work.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

I like this guy :laugh:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So many things wrong with that post. It's not Chuckie it's Chucky. You know like in the movie?

Evander Kane? Really? :facepalm:

I'm all about done here, Galchenyuk-McCarron-Sherback could work.

It's not Sherback, it's Scherbak :laugh: I always love when people try to correct my spelling mistakes just to screw up a Proper name :laugh:

If you dont like Kane, that's cool, but I garantee you wherever he goes he's gonna tear it up and won't be a problem child and there's going to be a line up of teams trying to aquire him

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Relax buddy. A lot of people still reflexively call Galchenyuk Gally. Heck you might even hear him called that on TSN.

Secondly to heck with Kane, don't want him anywhere near the Habs. Him, his tracksuit, his cash-phones, his YMCMB haircut, his declining numbers and me-first attitude wouldn't fit in Marc Bergevin's character first team.

Relax?? For what?? I think the fact that you wrote your post at 3:26am may had made you overly sensitive due to being tired and grumpy.
You don't turn your back on a 6'2 200Lbs power forward which oozes talent, can score and fight and has character on the ice. Does he have a few off ice issues?...of course, but with a good leadership core in Montreal, it's something that can be fixed and worth taking a chance on. Hell, they fixed P.K and his hot air balloon size ego that rubbed everyone the wrong way. If I'm MB, im rolling the dice and I like my odds!

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'm gladly surprised that he's showing a mean streak. Isn't it like the second or third time he does something like this?

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I'm gladly surprised that he's showing a mean streak. Isn't it like the second or third time he does something like this?

Yep :) The guy is having an unreal season from the looks of things. I've also heard not to look too much into his recent dip in production, apparently his new team has been trying him out in a number of different roles. This is one prospect I'm genuinely excited about. Scherbak too but McCarron has some very interesting intangibles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad