GDT: The best team ever. 1977 Habs-Bruins game 4. RDS 7PM.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Sportsnet played game 3 of the 89 finals.

Walter scored the goal late in double OT. It was a really good game. I just happened to watch it for the first time.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Sounds like they're showing the "Too many men " game tonight. Again!

Couldn't they find something from the 86 cup?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Grundman took over in 1980 and the Habs paid dearly for this........shoulda kept Scotty on as the GM!!! Pollock retired with 9 Cups on his resume as a GM, maybe 10?
I think Scotty asked to be the next GM and the owners refused. Scotty left, with Cournoyer, Dryden and Lemaire. A desert followed that era. Some kind of miracle happened in 1986 with a new generation of Chelios, Roy, Smith, Naslund, Carbonneau, Ludwing and Lemieux. Another miracle again in 1993.

Reactions: BLONG7

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I don't know how many Habs playoff games I've seen, but this "Too many men" game remains my favourite. Bruins up 3-1, its over. Oh wait, not yet.

Third period coming up. I t's worth another watch.

What the Hell, for old time's sake,

GO :habs GO

Reactions: Disturbed1

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What I’m also really liking from watching these games is how Paul Houde is doing the play by play as opposed to whoever was doing it at the time. Houde and Denis have done a great job making themselves sound spontaneous, as if the game were happening now.

Not that I don’t value the broadcasting audio from those days but I’ve heard it so many times so this “live” broadcasting aspect that RDS is providing now, really hits the mark for me.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
What I’m also really liking from watching these games is how Paul Houde is doing the play by play as opposed to whoever was doing it at the time. Houde and Denis have done a great job making themselves sound spontaneous, as if the game were happening now.

Not that I don’t value the broadcasting audio from those days but I’ve heard it so many times so this “live” broadcasting aspect that RDS is providing now, really hits the mark for me.
The only thing that screws it up is the canned crowd noise. That's not what the Forum sounded like. Also, I hardly ever listened to René LeCavalier or Richard Garneau, (once I left home) for me it was Danny Gallivan.

But it's cool to hear a different game caller.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The only thing that screws it up is the canned crowd noise. That's not what the Forum sounded like. Also, I hardly ever listened to René LeCavalier or Richard Garneau, (once I left home) for me it was Danny Gallivan.

But it's cool to hear a different game caller.

I was a channel flipper, so I've heard every Canadian broadcaster of Habs games. I still remember Gilles Tremblay's first game as color commentator. He was nervous and got fooled by his own monitor. He commented on a Habs goal, analyzed how the scoring chance was produced and moved on to the next play. However, instead of looking at the ice after his intervention, he looked at the monitor which replayed the same goal. He blurted out, something like "oh, and they score again, on a very similar play!" :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad