Speculation: The best NHL player your team would offer for Jeff Skinner

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That seems a bit much, does it not? I'd take it, but maybe I'm overvaluing Jost?

I dont think so really. It's probably a slightly better package then #16 + Andrighetto but not a big difference. I think Jost has the value right now of a pick right around 10-12 range in the draft.

Maybe the #58 pick would be overpayment but I'd do it to get an established 25-35 goal scorer in Skinner. I think he fits exactly what this team needs right now and would be a huge boost to our secondary scoring. I also have no concerns at all about getting him signed to an extension, Avs are the youngest team in the league and just made the playoffs pushing the president trophy winners to 6 games. We're trending up and Skinner would be a big part of that continued trend.

We'd still have an abundance of cap space(Over 25M) this summer to make a serious run at Tavares for the 2C role or bring Stastny back for that spot, and then with the way this draft is shaping up I expect a lot of good forwards(Veleno, Hayton, Farabee, Denisenko, Kravtsov to name a few) that would be available for pick #16 to replace Jost in the system.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
A league average goalie or power forward or pp qb who's skills are different than the Faulk bomb.

A hockey trade...no need for futures the cupboard bis stocked.
I've been thinking that Carolina could be a good landing spot for Jake Allen. A change of scenery is needed.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
theres been talk the last couple years that david krejci lives in Carolina and if there was any team in the nhl he might waive his ntc for... it might be Carolina

assuming that's true... boston might be best off with 1 year of skinner instead of 3 years of krejci

could bruins include one of these surplus prospects and convince Carolina to eat half the salary I wonder?

boston would need to find a center to replace krejci if they were to trade him... and the obvious target would be john travares... but that requires a ton of cap hit to make it work

and where would that lead bostons forward group afterwards?

pastrnak/Bergeron/marchand... arguably best line in hockey
skinner/Tavares/debrusk... if this is a second line... wow

and still have backes/donato/heinen/Bjork/kuraly/accari as starters to round out a bottom 6

its a move I hope boston is considering and might act on if it becomes possible

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Based on most of the offers, I'd keep Skinner. If the Canes are sellers at the deadline next season, take what you can get at that point. But as long as we can pick up a goalie, I'm thinking there's a better chance that the Canes will be buyers rather than sellers. Not only would keeping Skinner replace "paying" for a quality rental at the deadline, we'd have him for the entire year, as well. That's how I viewed JVR with the Leafs this year. Didn't make sense to me for them to trade him given where they'd likely be and what they'd have likely gotten back.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad