" The Best Moment in Hockey History "

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
2010 Canadian "Golden Goal".

That was one of the greatest moments for me as a fan, being downtown Toronto and going crazy when Crosby scored. The goal celebration lasted hours up and down the streets of Toronto, and I'm sure the rest of Canada.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I am surprised some people view the 2010 olympic finals as their favorite moment...

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I am surprised some people view the 2010 olympic finals as their favorite moment...

Mostly the younger people. I myself am 19 years old and a Leafs fan, so it's not like I've had any other better moments in my lifetime hockey related. Sure, Sundin's game tying goal in game 6 would be my favorite Leaf moment, but I was too young to understand anything really to the level I am able to today.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I don't see any moment beating The Miracle on Ice, personally.

I always found the Bourque moment overrated. It's a great moment, but still.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
And of course, this, although it isn't a moment. I think it's the best montage I've ever seen, although I'm obviously biased

Oh, the days

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
For people living in Canada, it's actually hard to argue against Vancouver 2010 and the Olympic games finals.

I mean, here's the chart for water consumption in Edmonton:

flush_game.jpg

Pretty telling. Basically everybody in Canada stopped flushing the toilet during the game and catched up during the intermissions. :laugh:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Absolutely nothing competes with Paul Henderson's game winning goal in the last game in the 1972 series against the Russians. It has also been rated and accepted as Canada's greatest sports moment in the 20th century.

If you think differently, it just proves you are a young kid and haven't seen enough yet.

The eight game series became a match against east vs west, free world culture vs the communist culture, and when Henderson scored all of North America, Canada and the US cheered. It was the defining moment in hockey.

Last edited:

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Not even close to Henderson's goal.

You are saying Henderson's goal was the greatest moment in hockey history and backing it up by saying it was rated the best moment in Canadian sports in the 20th century. The Miracle on Ice is rated the best moment in American sports history and we have a much better sports history overall than Canada.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

I actually were there. I saved for a long time to get the possibility to get to see Selanne live once. Totally worth it.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
You are saying Henderson's goal was the greatest moment in hockey history and backing it up by saying it was rated the best moment in Canadian sports in the 20th century. The Miracle on Ice is rated the best moment in American sports history and we have a much better sports history overall than Canada.

In hockey you don't.

The eight game series became a match against east vs west, free world culture vs the communist culture, and when Henderson scored all of North America, Canada and the US cheered. It was the defining moment in hockey.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad