the best division in hockey is the metro according to anson carter

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Central plays the pacific teams more often as well, thus the three time zones Metro plays the atlantic more often all in the same time group how did you miss that? Metro travel distance is the shortest among all teams for divisional games and even inter conference games they travel a lot less than a central team would playing in the pacific division. There are athletes who openly admitted to prefering the east over less travel and road trips.

Central teams play the Pacific teams 3 times. The Metro play them twice. Are you going to argue about 1 game? And like I said, these guys are on 1st class flights. An extra hour on a plane is not a factor.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Central teams play the Pacific teams 3 times. The Metro play them twice. Are you going to argue about 1 game? And like I said, these guys are on 1st class flights. An extra hour on a plane is not a factor.

Metro teams play the Paific teams twice in the pacific team's arenas?

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
No, they play them once away and once home.

They Central teams alternate between two home games and two away games a year.

Exactly central teams have more travel time between games, more time zones to cross on a consistent basis more multi hour flights for their inter conference games. Metro and the east has it easier with a majority of their teams being so close. Travel is a lot bigger of an issue than you are willing to admit there are a lot of players who hate the travel western teams have (jagr most notably after leaving Dallas)

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Who is anson carter?

Searched:
Anson Horace Carter (born June 6, 1974) is a Canadian retired professional ice hockey right winger of Barbadian descent[1] who last played for HC Lugano in the Swiss Nationalliga A. In the past, he has played for eight different National Hockey League teams, most notably with the Boston Bruins, Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks

Playing career
1996–2008

Never heard of him

13707900.gif

Jets left in 1996 so I gave up on hockey...

Central is better in my opinion...well this season 2017-2018...

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I know who Anson Carter is and his accolades. However I don't care what he has to say about NHL these days. He is just another one on this line of "insiders", that have no sources and say anything to get money.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
-How long has it been since 1 division had at least 5 teams with 97+ points? 10 years? Because the Metro is on the verge of doing that.

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
The Metro might not have the top level of the Atlantic or the Central, but it's definitely more competitive than the Atlantic or Pacific.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
The Metro might not have the top level of the Atlantic or the Central, but it's definitely more competitive than the Atlantic or Pacific.

-Since conference realignment, the Metro has eliminated the Atlantic Champion every single year. The last 2 years the 5th place team in the Metro knocked out the Atlantic Champion. I dont get all the puff and smoke for regular season points. Ask Washington...

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
So why does anyone care?

Now I know you aren’t insulting me or anyone else in here because We don’t know who some random Canadian is that scored a goal for Canada 15 years ago, right?

Im not insulting anyone. Just saying that if you dont know who Anson Carter is, im assuming he knows more about this stuff than you.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
For what it is worth, here are the final stats. These are the winning percentages (actual W, not including OTL) for opponents of each division. These results of course back out inter-division games.

So just by game results, the Central Division was by a far amount the hardest from top to bottom to play against, with opponents only winning 43.6% of the time.

The Atlantic from top to bottom was worst, with opponents winning 54.3% of games.

DIVNonDiv OPP
ATL54.3%
MET49.1%
PAC52.5%
CEN43.6%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

And as you would expect it was the bottom four teams in the Atlantic that just tanked their numbers. A bit surprisingly TB and BOS didn't just feed off their lesser division mates. They were even better out of their division.

Total % of available points (does include OTL) Atlantic teams vs the rest and vs their own Div.

TeamDIVNon-Div Pt%Div Pt%
Tampa Bay LightningATL69.4%67.9%
Boston BruinsATL68.5%67.9%
Toronto Maple LeafsATL63.0%66.1%
Florida PanthersATL54.6%66.1%
Detroit Red WingsATL49.1%35.7%
Montreal CanadiensATL37.0%55.4%
Ottawa SenatorsATL39.8%42.9%
Buffalo SabresATL34.3%44.6%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
The big call out to me here is that Florida really took advantage of their own Division. Yes they had a great run to close out the season, but were really mediocre outside of their own Div. noting that 54.6% is actually the same Pts Available % as the league total.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Its what Devils and Canes fans have done for the last 8 or so years if anything knowing their Oiler-esque playoff droughts we knew wed be bad with no goalie this season.
Cmon where you spewing the same thing when the UC was about as packed as a Sox game at the cell

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Cmon where you spewing the same thing when the UC was about as packed as a Sox game at the cell

Hawks have had 2 AHL calibre goalies with crawford out from mid december onward losing a top 5 goalie without Raanta or Darling to take over it was obvious they were done when it was apparent mid january he wasnt coming back.

Canes and devils however have 1 playoff berth in a combined 11 seasons from the lockout season onward to the present season. If we are going to talk about attendance what is really amazing being in the biggest metropolitian area in the U.S, making the playoffs, being consistently good all season, and still not being able to even hit 95% attendance Rangers fans fill up your barn better than your fanbase. Keep trying to be snarky though youre gonna need all the distractions possible to make your team's inevitable spankings by Tampa sting less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad