Speculation: The best Avalanche player next season?

Who will be the best Avs player this season?

• Total voters

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm going with other...Kuemper. If Kuemper is our team's MVP that probably means good things have happened, yes? I'll take that.
I think if Kuemper is this team’s MVP it means we had some major injuries. Kuemper could be the best goalie in the NHL and still shouldn’t be the MVP of this team based on how good they are at limiting shots and chances if fully healthy. If he’s MVP it means the team as a whole didn’t perform as expected.

DK’s job should be easy this year.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I think Makar stays healthy this season and runs away with the Norris. That is enough to put him on the top of this poll imo.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Really hoping Toews continues developing like so far and takes a spot as even more clear #1 d-man in the team.

upload_2021-9-16_16-49-28.gif

Reactions: MaKarter

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
In my opinion getting the most ice-time makes a player at the very least arguably the #1.
Makar is clearly the Avs best Dman no matter what the ice time says.

That being said, the Avs should increase his minutes. Doesn't make too much sense having one of the best players in the league playing less than Toews going forward.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
My bold statement, if it ends up being Rantanen it is problematic.
Disagreed with this statement. MacK, Makar and Rantanen are all in the top-5 of their position through the league (Rantanen as a RW, obviously if you include LW it gets more interesting). If he has the best season out of those 3, it's not an issue. Obviously you hope MacKinnon will be the force that gets us through to the SCF.

Nov 20, 2013
Sweden
I can not decide between MacKinnon and Makar. I need to find stats about how often Makar plays with the bottom 9 and how much their offensive production goes up with him on the ice.

Obviously MacKinnon does not influence the bottom 9 very much on the ice.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Disagreed with this statement. MacK, Makar and Rantanen are all in the top-5 of their position through the league (Rantanen as a RW, obviously if you include LW it gets more interesting). If he has the best season out of those 3, it's not an issue. Obviously you hope MacKinnon will be the force that gets us through to the SCF.
If Rants is the best player out of the group, it means that both MacK and Makar regressed... it also means the best player on the team is on the wing. Teams typically don't win Cups that way. They can be a key part, but your best players still need to be at the key positions.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If Rants is the best player out of the group, it means that both MacK and Makar regressed... it also means the best player on the team is on the wing. Teams typically don't win Cups that way. They can be a key part, but your best players still need to be at the key positions.
I mean, Rantanen was the best player of those three during the regular season, and we won the President's Trophy. Crap division and what not but still. Now if we extend this to playoffs, is this an issue? Maybe. Not really a problem for Tampa that Kucherov has been a beast for them during their cup runs (granted, Point and Vasilevsky played a big part as well).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I mean, Rantanen was the best player of those three during the regular season, and we won the President's Trophy. Crap division and what not but still. Now if we extend this to playoffs, is this an issue? Maybe. Not really a problem for Tampa that Kucherov has been a beast for them during their cup runs (granted, Point and Vasilevsky played a big part as well).

I wouldn't say Rants was the best (Makar was), but the fact that it is arguable, kinda proves my point. Wings don't win you titles.

I think Tampa's best player is Point. Hedman and Vasi have also been good, but Point is just a 2 way beast of a center that always steps up at the right time. Without Point, I don't think Tampa wins the Cup in either season.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I wouldn't say Rants was the best (Makar was), but the fact that it is arguable, kinda proves my point. Wings don't win you titles.

I think Tampa's best player is Point. Hedman and Vasi have also been good, but Point is just a 2 way beast of a center that always steps up at the right time. Without Point, I don't think Tampa wins the Cup in either season.

Tampa wouldn't have won either cup without Stamkos you mean :sarcasm:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad